Canary Islands and English channels

linnig

Evening all, I live in Fuerteventura and was wondering if anyone can recommend a receiver for me to pick up English channels. I have an internet connection (6mbps download) and a 120cm satellite dish that receives various satellites.

Thankyou

I don't think your dish will be big enough to receive astra 28.2. A 3m will struggle in the canary islands. IPTV maybe cheaper option for you.

If you go to dishpointer.com you will be able to see what channels you can from which satellites. I'm not totally sure about astra or eutelsat satellites.

To get these channels you may have to purchase a IPTV subscription so that you get them via broadband ...

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

If you're going down the satellite route you have to ensure that you can receive the satellites. Being in the Canary islands I'm not sure you can get Astra. (Sly).

The other option is IPTV and for that i would look at mag254 boxes and seek an IPTV subscription. There is a page on this forum where you can request test lines.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

You would need a min 3m dish at a squeeze!!

Most bars in the Canaries where I am have 4.5m dishes and share them as they are not cheap. You wont get much change from €6000.

Things aint cheap on the rock!

Best option has already been mentioned, IPTV.

Back