Cannot tune on certain transponders

Shamb1es

Hello. I have a VU+ Solo2 running VIX. Has been running for 6 months with no issues.

A couple of days ago I noticed that certain channels would not tune. Upon investigating it was certain transponders that were not returning any channels. I tried rescanning those transponders and nothing comes back. This morning it seems the problem has expanded to some more transponders. There are now at least 5 transponders that I cannot find any channels on. Below are the ones I have noticed so far as they include channels such as sky sports and the kids channels....

12110 H 27500 2/3
12148 H 27500 2/3
11914 H 27500 2/3
12207 V 27500 2/3
12265 H 27500 2/3

My thinking is that maybe somehow my dish has come out of allignment or my LNB has developed a fault? Does that sound right? Is there anything else I could check at the box end? I already tried downloading the latest version of VIX to make sure I wasnt missing anything.

Thanks

I would check your channel list, have you update bouquets or done a rescan? I know I had to do that recently for some channels which had moved and also last night for spike TV

I check my dish aliment once a year just to make sure all OK and make sure my F-Cons are OK and not damaged.

I only ever update my channel list manually if a channel moves. I never update automatically. The channels I am missing (Disney Junior for example) have not moved as I have checked. Disney Junior is on the aforementioned 11914. If I do a manual scan of 11914 I get nothing (there are approx 10 channels on this transponder). If I use the find sat option within VIX and scan the transponder 11914 I get a SNR and AGC of zero, and it does not lock on.

I seem to have the exact same problem. I've got a duo running vix. This morning sky sports 1,2,3,4, f1 were showing Tune Failed. This afternoon sky sports 4 is back but the rest are still not working. I did a ABM scan but now it keeps failing to lock. I asked a friend who has a TM NANO SE and he's having the same problems. Its definitely not your end, because then we all wouldn't have the same problem.

I just checked Disney Jnr and that seems to be working fine atm.

Same here but ive got all my channels back, they are scattered around and no bouquet list.:damn:
I also have the added bonus of time out tuner lock after the abm scan.

Last edited:
Agh OK big cheese, that sounds promising. I'll try it later and let you know. Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 06:46 PM ----------

UPDATE

Yes, an automatic scan did the trick so thank you. I've always only done a manual scan before for whatever channel I'm after (only have a few I'm interested in) so didn't consider trying that as I thought it would yield the same result. Obviously not! Thanks again everyone for your help.

Back