Can't access Facebook - IIS7 and SSL cert

Session9

VIP Member
Hi guys,

I've always been able to access facebook at work, and since last week it's the only site I cannot get onto.
I don't think work have been mean/smart enough to block it somehow, but I've no idea why it's doing it.

If I try to go to the site directly I get some IIS7 page come up, and it links to a microsoft page.
If I try to get onto it via links in emails I receive, I get either the IIS7 page or some warning about an SSL certificate being blocked by the server.
This happens no matter the browser. The date and time are fine.

How can I fix this? Has work done this to me, or is it something with the computer?

Pics attached

IIS7 Page.jpg
SSL Cert.jpg

if your employer is cool with you going on facebook you should ask them about it.if not chances are you answered your own question.i for one cannot understand why one couldnt wait until they are off work and at home or on their mobile to go on facebook.

Some people do not have the luxury of being able to have the internet or mobile reception at home.

im cool with that.what is your employers position on facebook tho,cause it sure sounds like its being blocked.hope you get it sorted.

It looks like it's down to whoever administers you work system (Internal Server related). They may have installed a new certificate to a Server Certificates list in the IIS root, but didn't also select a new certificate in the web site https binding. I may be wrong but I'd imagine it's something you won't have access to fix without talking to your workplace IT people. Can you you access any other secure sites such as banking\Paypal from work?

session can you access fb on your mobile?? or anywhere else. Have you tried another pc atwork or home?
one of the reasons you may not have had an answer the weekend is that people have been busy celebrating the jubilee

Thanks for the responses.

Work only allows social networking sites during lunch breaks or before or after work hours, though they are d-heads and will do anything to piss me off. They have even tried to log onto my facebook using my computer.

Our IT is managed by an IT company, no one here is very tech savvy at all, that's why I couldn't understand how they managed it. I am able to access every other site including banking and Paypal etc.

I can get on FB on my mobile and other computers.
If I use a program like Ultrasurf I'm able to get onto the FB site.

Edit- just remembered we were having a certificate warning pop up in Outlook for a while, it's now gone.

They have even tried to log onto my facebook using my computer
surely technically thats illegal?? But then there has been lots of talk about companies wanting your password etc for FB.

Not working i have no ides of what laws/rules there are on using work computers for personal use.

When your back at work copy and paste this link into your address bar.

Code:
http://thefacebookproxy.com/browse.php?u=czovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20v&b=5&f=norefer

Does facebook now load?.

Never even thought of the Proxy route H lol I was too focused on the error itself.

I love it when people think outside of the box (y)

surely technically thats illegal?? But then there has been lots of talk about companies wanting your password etc for FB.

Not working i have no ides of what laws/rules there are on using work computers for personal use.
That's what I thought Linny.
When your back at work copy and paste this link into your address bar.

Code:
http://thefacebookproxy.com/browse.php?u=czovL3d3dy5mYWNlYm9vay5jb20v&b=5&f=norefer

Does facebook now load?.

It does work :) Thanks HiTeck
Is that the same kind of thing that Ultrasurf does?

Back