Cant get 7 day epg

I to have a problem with the EPG although I update the EPG from sly portal 5 channel or select astra 28.2e from the channel group and then search for EPG channel and update. However i do get the 7 day list but not on all channels. The information repeats itself as you scroll through the listings and the EPG does not update. Maybe its a firmware issue and i will update to the latest september firmware for the blade combo and hope it solves the issue but i dont hold out much hope.

Hi mate, i'm not an expert but my dad has a blade and he gets the 7 day epg, by going to a channel called 7 day epg, selecting that channel and pressing yellow to install it... Hope this helps! Its over a year since i was on a blade!

Full EPG takes a while to load, if you are using 28.2E list, lots of channels
in no particular order.

You are best using the group button on your remote.
select a group, then at the bottom of each group their is a 7 Day EPG channel

Select that, you will get a blank screen, then press the EPG button on your remote
this normally only takes a couple of minutes to load the list.

less channels, less time to load.

THe EPG is not functioning at all now that i have done a factory reset flashed to the latest firmware and then updateding the EPG through the EPG channel and the end of each channel list. No joy. Is this a firmware issue? When i first got the box unflashed EPG worked OK. Obviously for the 9991 menu i had to update the firmware and thats when my EPG woes started. I got the box because my old BM500s worked for a year plus with no issues but i wanted HD channels so i decided to upgrade. What firmware are you on guys? Blade Combo

I have got a combo running older firmware but this is the latest,
few days old but nobody posted any problems yet as far as I know
BM7000Combo Sept 25 2012 6fx.zip

click here

Obviously for the 9991 menu i had to update the firmware and thats when my EPG woes started.
Not sure what you mean, can you give us some more info?

Last edited:
I installed the latest firmware you suggested but this made my EPG issue worst. Firstly i could not get a 7 day EPG and it would only give me information from 2 daily time slots the rest of the days programming on all channels would come up no information so i reverted back to my previous firmware. At least then i could get a 7 day EPG but not on all channels. The information will not change when scrolling through the listing on any of the channels. Example BBC1 7.30pm Eastenders. Phil makes a pass at sharon blah blah. BBC1 8pm: Have I got news for you: Phil makes a pass at sharon blah blah. Annoying! To enter the 9991 menu you need to have flashed your box with the patched firmware not the original official version from Blade

Your lucky, SV can't get 7 minutes tv full stop nevermind 7 day epg lol.

Joking aside, as said above if you select the groups then update epg eith by waiting on 7 day epg for a few mins OR just pressing the yellow button in the channel menu it should update your full EPG data, if you want to see more hit the blue button and it will page down in the description box.

I have tried all suggestions and i think its a firmware issue i will factory reset and get the latest official unpatched firmware to see if that might solve it.

i had this problem before, forgot how i corrected it i think i did flash some other FW and it was alright after that.

i have tried all firmwares patched and official firmawre for the combo dating back to the Jan 12 and none has worked for me. Not only does it not update it only shows information for two programmes in each channel. It sucks if you want to record programmes in advance. I have practically given up maybe the october firmware release might work but i doubt it.

My EPG was a bit out of whack recently because some of the terrestrial channels had moved around but it is working fine now.

I've never had a problem with any of the firmwares. they've always worked fine.
I wonder if your dish is slightly off alignment and it isnt picking up this weaker transponder (this is purely a guess, mind).

You have to leave it on the 7 day data channel for at least one minute. What I do is go onto the 7 day download channel and press ok once (this changes to the channel but still leaves the channel list up onscreen). I then press right a couple of times until I can see plenty of channels in the list. From here you can wait and watch it fill up the epg data for each channel.

Just a quick question, you aren't pressing the yellow EPG update button are you? That only downloads Now and Next and is used only for foreign satellites that only carry now and next.

The correct way of getting the 7 day epg is like this:-

Change the channel to any one of the channels called "7 Day EPG Download". You will find them at the bottom of each favourite group if you are using the channel lists direct from Blade Online (recommended).

Watch this channel for about 1-2 minutes. The screen will say "No Audio/Video" because it is a data channel.

It will now download the channel list direct to the box and you should have 99% of the channels showing 7 day epg.

As I say, don't use the Yellow button EPG Update, this is only for foreign satellites with now and next.

Phew, long post :grin:

Brickie I have tried the method you describe and I have had no luck. Are you saying you have the full program description on your 7 day EPG? Not just now and next and with the next program description being repeated. What firmware have you updated to?

Brickie I have tried the method you describe and I have had no luck. Are you saying you have the full program description on your 7 day EPG? Not just now and next and with the next program description being repeated. What firmware have you updated to?

You get the title of every programme for the next 7 days, and extended information for Now and Next.

Back