Castaway Kodi Direct Plugin

BenH86123

Hi all,

Got a zgemma h2s and I'm over the moon with it!

One quick question, is it just me or does the 'castaway' addon within Kodidirect not work?

All I get is buffering 1%....

Any help/feedback much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben

Hi all,

Got a zgemma h2s and I'm over the moon with it!

One quick question, is it just me or does the 'castaway' addon within Kodidirect not work?

All I get is buffering 1%....

Any help/feedback much appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben
I've not tried it on my H2S but I go on castaway on my normal kodi and for that to work properly it needs the latest URL live resolver and I'm guessing that won't be set up on the H2S

Wicked mate cheers. What's the best way to get the foreign sports channels on the h2s? Sports mania any good?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wicked mate cheers. What's the best way to get the foreign sports channels on the h2s? Sports mania any good?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Can you install normal addons on kodi direct ?
Sorry never bothered with it but if you can try Pheonix or Sports devil

I think you can but not all are 100% compatible. I've signed up to sportsmania for a week see how that fairs. I know they have a plugin you can install.

I think you can but not all are 100% compatible. I've signed up to sportsmania for a week see how that fairs. I know they have a plugin you can install.
Or apparently there's some premium IPTV servers you can subscribe and there's a way to add them as bouquets on your guide.

Wicked mate know of any decent premium servers? Don't mind paying if it's a reliable service. Cheers
Ha ha I knew that was coming... Sorry no I've just read in here with people saying there great.
What kind of things you after anyway I only need the sky sports channels so that's why I've not bothered too much about it.

I'm after access to all the 3:00pm premier league games. Unfortunately I support Crystal Palace so they don't get alot of air time on BT and Sly lol.. I signed up to sportsmania this morning and works great on my phone so will trial it on the box tonight! Only got my box yesterday so still trying to get to grips with it all haha. If you have any tips or suggestions for making the user experience better I'd love to know :)

Thanks

There's not really many tips I can give if your using one if the images from here you can't go far wrong.
Are you using one of the sly skins they are far better than the default openatv.
I've Inboxed you.

Not got your inbox mate. Yeh using a sly skin - posted these questions on another thread not sure if you know the answers? Cheers for all your help mate.

re you able to record programmes when the box is powered down or is there a standby button to use?
Are you able to start watching a program that is currently recording from the beginning?
Can you record any one channel and watch any other or is it fta channels only?
Is there a way to add a plugins channels to the 'bouquets' IE if I had a sports mania sub could I add the channels to my tv guide?
can you series link record, if so how?

Ha ha quick fire questions there
As far as I'm aware yeah you can record when on standby.
And if you want to start watching a recording just go to your "planner" and your recording will be there it's just like sky
And on the H2S yeah you can watch 1 and record another I have heard you can record up to 7 channels if they were all on the same transponder.
But no I do t think you can add plugins to your bouquets...well nkt what I've heard as I tried doing it with the IPTV player plugin.
To get your message on Tapatalk go to your main screen on Tapatalk where you see all your forums then on notifications then messages it should be there

haha thanks mate. So you can start playing a program that's still recording just by going into the planner? Haven't set my external hdd for recording but I'll give it a bash tonight. Is it as simple as pluggin the hdd in ? Just to clarify I could be watching ITV1 and recording something on Sly Sports 1 (and possibly up to another 6 things if on the same transponder - how do I tell which channel relates to which transponder?) If it's okay with you, would you mind me adding you as a friend you seem to be pretty clued up on these boxes haha. To put the box into standby do you simply 'turn it off' only reason I ask is when I turn it off then on it takes a few minutes to load up so not sure if that's standby.

Thanks mate.

Red button on remote is standby.

Start 2 recordings. Then press up or down for that epg. If its not greyed out u can record it.

Hdd. Plug it in then initialise it. Its basically formatting so will wipe. Then reboot for paths to be mostly automatic.

Tbh honest mate I'm still a bit of a noob ive only had my first box since January but have been doing loads of reading lol
Yeah add away lol.
The recording is not as simple as just adding your USB drive I have a PDF somewhere but the basics are
Plug it in
Initialise it
Format to Ext4
Then set your recording setting to the hard drives location.
That's the basics but i t sounds like you may have not setup your swap file or your EPG data location which is recommended.
Did you flash the box yourself ?
If so which image did you use ,yeah the standby is basically that just hold the remote button or press the button on the front and it comes on nearly straight away.

Last edited:
Thanks Sucmnsee mate. Can I record ANY two channels at the same time or am I limited? Is there an easy way to auto series link rather than selecting the days and times manually.

Sorry for so many questions just you guys are experts and I'm clearly not haha.

sucmnsee am I right in thinking you cant' add 'sportsmania' channels (if subscribed) to the channel list/epg?

If you have any other tips/advice for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

If using openatv u have to do the ext4 bit. If on vix its done automatically.
For a h2s box u dont need swapfile. Only for slower boxs

---------- Post Merged at 02:48 PM ----------

You can always record at least 2. You'll have to be watching 1 of them or an older recording/stream tho.
Sorry no idea about the sports iptv/bouquets bit.

For series link never use the record button under the red button. On some u press blue then set. Others its red then autotimer then set

I'm not sure what it's using to be honest it was pre-setup. I know it has the sly skin but that's about it lol. What about the series link can that be done an easier way?

Cheers,

---------- Post Merged at 02:52 PM ----------

Ah okay mate - what does the actual 'record' button do then? If's it's blue and set would it automatically pick up when the programme is next on?

Thanks for all your help.

Back