Catchup by show

pdsj

In short, does anybody know if it's possible to get an IPTV sub that you can browse/search catch-up by show, instead of browsing via the channel?

Slightly longer version - I'm still finding my feet on IPTV, hoping to convince the wife to ditch Virgin so trying to find a way to emulate a lot of the functionality although appreciate that's a tall order. Current IPTV provider is great, has catch-up and it works on all his recommended apps as well as Tivimate Pro but it relies on you browsing to the channel and then going back to the time when the show aired to view that show. Typically we wouldn't know what time a show is on so it takes a bit of time to a. find the show you are looking for and then crucially b. find the exact episode you are looking for too. As it's all relatively recent it's not on VOD yet. So a real world example last night we wanted to watch the latest series of A League of Their Own, now we have no idea what days or times this is usually on, managed to find the show on one of the catch-up channels but we could only find the most recent episode. We wanted to go back to some of the earlier ones in the season that we've not watched yet. The latest season is not on VOD yet either. - On our Virgin box it's quite easy to just search for the show and then see all the available episodes and then choose the one you want.

Hope that makes sense?

Actually, quick update, typing the above made me think to just use the "main" search functionality in the IPTV Apps and that looks like it gives what I want, but catch-up doesn't go back that far...typically how far back would catch-up allow you to watch? Looks like only a couple of days? Is that quite standard or is that provider dependent?

Actually, quick update, typing the above made me think to just use the "main" search functionality in the IPTV Apps and that looks like it gives what I want, but catch-up doesn't go back that far...typically how far back would catch-up allow you to watch? Looks like only a couple of days? Is that quite standard or is that provider dependent?
Some is 3 days some is 7 days

As baz said. Provider dependant. Usually, between 3 to 7 days. Unlikely to find any provider offering longer than that, as that's a lot of data to store for probably very little gain for them...

In short, does anybody know if it's possible to get an IPTV sub that you can browse/search catch-up by show, instead of browsing via the channel?

Slightly longer version - I'm still finding my feet on IPTV, hoping to convince the wife to ditch Virgin so trying to find a way to emulate a lot of the functionality although appreciate that's a tall order. Current IPTV provider is great, has catch-up and it works on all his recommended apps as well as Tivimate Pro but it relies on you browsing to the channel and then going back to the time when the show aired to view that show. Typically we wouldn't know what time a show is on so it takes a bit of time to a. find the show you are looking for and then crucially b. find the exact episode you are looking for too. As it's all relatively recent it's not on VOD yet. So a real world example last night we wanted to watch the latest series of A League of Their Own, now we have no idea what days or times this is usually on, managed to find the show on one of the catch-up channels but we could only find the most recent episode. We wanted to go back to some of the earlier ones in the season that we've not watched yet. The latest season is not on VOD yet either. - On our Virgin box it's quite easy to just search for the show and then see all the available episodes and then choose the one you want.

Hope that makes sense?
Why don't you ask your supplier to add it to Vod?
Most good suppliers will do that, mine does

Why don't you ask your supplier to add it to Vod?
Most good suppliers will do that, mine does
Depends what it is. If it's something mundane like news, four in a bed, come dine with me, eastenders, corrie, etc, not many suppliers will add that to their vod/series...

Depends what it is. If it's something mundane like news, four in a bed, come dine with me, eastenders, corrie, etc, not many suppliers will add that to their vod/series...
If it's weekly it's normally ok, soaps take up a bit of space being on daily and infinite,
Best to ask they can only say no!

Back