CCcam and OSCAM technicalities

joysleep1

Hey Guys

I will try explain this as simply as i can.
I currently use CCcam on my xtrend 10000 and it works fine. I am planning on getting an ultimo 4k receiver but they only use OSCAM.

Now i know how to use OSCAM using the CCCaM to oscam converter thingy software but how do use oscam to clearly show the lines are active.

So i have 2 c lines from one provider and another 1 c line for a different provider. So when i go cccam>servers. All of them show up as green and so i know its active.

In OSCAM mode there is no way of telling, obviosuly picture clears and when i press OK on my remote it tells me which line is being used at the time, but no way of me knowing if all my lines are active?

Dunno if that makes sense

Is there a way to tell all lines on OSCAM are connected ?

Try typing your receiver ip address followed by :83 into your pc browser (ie) 192.168 0.12:83 and press enter all your info should be there : )

on the box, go to softcam manager and then press the Yellow button (Oscaminfo) and then on next screen you can view various information including your lines (show readers/Proxies)

on the box, go to softcam manager and then press the Yellow button (Oscaminfo) and then on next screen you can view various information including your lines (show readers/Proxies)

Oh ok will give that a try..

I read CCAM does not work with arm boxes. Maybe it does not with openvix which is the image i use.

I think vix make it difficult to download cccam 2.3.2 from the plugins menu, I know I had it working on vix but had to send it to the box via ipk.

CCcam does work with arm boxes, regardless of the image, you need CCcam softcam 2.3.2 instead of 2.3.0

Oh so you mean it is not built in under the softcam. You can just manually install it via FTP?

I think vix make it difficult to download cccam 2.3.2 from the plugins menu, I know I had it working on vix but had to send it to the box via ipk.
#

Where can i find the download for this?
Also, is it safe to use CCCAM on arm boxes. The amount of posts you read saying arm boxes should NOT be using CCCAm scares me.

Last edited by a moderator:
CCcam doesn't work on Arm boxes running Vix .... well not on the boxes I've tried it on anyway.
Oscam is far superior and is well maintained.

Here is cccam 2.3.1 you should just be able to send it to your tmp file and install it via the menu system. Send your own cccam.cfg file to /etc and activate it in the softcams menu. Give it a go.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-softcams-cccam-2.3.1_vix_armv7ahf-neon.zip
    268.5 KB · Views: 15
Some people say it works on VIx some say it does not. I do not mind using OSCAM but it does not show my active lines like it does on CCCAM. When i press oscam and yellow button. I can not see anything. Conection refused (errno 146). Altho it is working because my channels are clearing

You add :83 at the end of your ip address ie example ..... 192.166.0.234:83

I tried this. Did not work. Nothing happened. Was not a valid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
Your port number can be any number but to access the oscam webif you need to match the port number that is written into your oscam.config file. You can change it to whatever you want and it is usually found in var/tuxbox/config. If you are new to oscam best do as dsayers above ^^ as mentioned and use the boxes portal.

Back