Cccam vs Mgcamd

Brabus

Afternoon all,
Bit of a newb to the whole setup. Apologies if this is already on the forum, i did a quick search but found nothing.

My Setup:
Zgemma H.2s
Wooshman latest build (5.04??)

Currently using a Cccam (curently using N: rather than the CWS), but have been advised to use "Mgcamd" (CWS) as its more stable.
Im looking to use the Mgcamd line as my Cccam freezes occasionally on a daily basis, i have tried 3 different providers but to no improvement.

Is there a walk through guide to setup a Mgcamd line, as I can not seem to get the MgCamd to work. (Cccline works fine but freezes as above).

Does the MgCamd need to be used standalone or alongside the Ccccam?
Do i need to install anything (if so, where/what/how)

Been using dreamexplorer by inputting the Mgcamd.cfg line to root/usr/keys/ (var/keys seems to duplicate whats in usr/keys) as been told to, but to no avail.

Any further advice/guides/walkthroughs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If your using wooshbuild then all you need to do is put the newcamd.list file that contains your line info onto a USB stick and use the cam importer plugin to copy it over to your box and start it for you

i am using wooshbuild and everything has worked flawlessly in getting my line installed. first in newcamd.list (and no channels) then in CCcam.cfg (and no channels). i can verify the contents in usr/keys, but still no results. i have hard booted several times, used the start and refresh buittons but still only fta channels. my line was working fine on my openbox but won't work here. please help. thanks in advance

I personally think you are better off keeping cccam and your nline with that. You have the added benefit of the cccam info page, to easily see if your line is active and easily see your ecm info.you have the added benefit of having more than one cccam.cfg file so you can split out your servers (if you have more than one) and easily swap between them if needed.

Mgcams is meant to have the added benefit of channel caching to speed up zapping. No matter what config file i have used i have never experienced this benefit. In fact i found it actually slower, hence why i stick to cccam.

But each to their own. I actually have both plugins installed and both style of config files setup in my keys folder. (just so i can switch between the different softcams. I never do though.

At the end of the day its how good your server line is, not which softcam software you use. If in doubt about the quality of your line request a free test line in the general sateliite section.

thanks for the help. working on this again today: re-verified the line in newcamd.list and looks ok according to all the formats i have seen posted. I then reinstalled the openbox to verify the line is still working. it works flawlessly on the openbox. looked at the code on the openbox and it looks different than posted but when I input the code it was in the format of: servxxx.xxx.xx port user name and password. (as it was in the email when I received it from the seller). Will there be any permanent damage if i delete cccam and newlist off the zgemma and start without either??? i am concerned about some sort of file corruption as everything looks correct but the line won't work on the zgemma! There is also another file in usr/keys that i did not knowingly put there and i don't know whether to delete it as well.

Any ideas?

Back