CCleaner 3.0 Adds HTML5 Cookie Cleaning, Drive Wiping and 64-bit Support

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
The latest version of system cleaning application CCleaner is out, with a lot of new changes under the hood like 64-bit support, cleaning HTML5 local storage, a drive wiper tool, and better support for Internet Explorer 9 and Google Chrome.

image3520670809.png

What’s New in CCleaner 3

The first thing you’ll notice when you go to download the application is that they have a “Priority Support” option and the download button sends you to a page where you can buy it for $24.95—but it’s actually still available for free from their Builds page.

The next thing you’ll notice when you start it up is this dialog, which asks you if you’d like to intelligently scan for cookies to keep—a very useful feature so you don’t get logged out of your email clients when you run CCleaner.

image3530846339.png

Here’s the full change list for the curious:

* New CCleaner 64-bit native EXE.
* New UI graphics and icons.
* New internal scanning architecture.
* New Drive Wiper tool screen under Tools section.
* New Intelligent cookie keeping functionality.
* Improved support for IE9.
* Improved support for Google Chrome.
* Improved HTML5 Database Storage cleaning.
* Added support to clean Microsoft Silverlight Isolated Storage.
* Added support for AVG AntiVirus 10.0, Audacity, LogMeIn Hamachi, BitTorrent and Windows Game Explorer.
* Improved support for Vuze.
* Added new environment variables: %SystemDirectory%, %SystemDirectory32% and %SystemDirectory64%.
* Improved Registry backup to address problems when saving values.
* Improved cleaning Windows Log Files for 64-bit OSs.
* Many UI improvements and bug fixes.

You’ll notice the new icon is slightly different…

image3540912864.png

The application really looks the same otherwise, it’s just improved. Make sure to ignore any toolbar installation requests, or just grab the portable version.

CCleaner Home Page

Download CCleaner Slim and Portable versions

Nice one G, just updated, nasty new option to install chrome instead of that dam yahoo toolbar.
Nearly caught me out :) !

nice one gman, have been using cc cleaner for years now brilliant stuff , it even empties your files in your bin.
I install it on everyones pc that i know, plus malawarebytes anti malware.

Nice one G, just updated, nasty new option to install chrome instead of that dam yahoo toolbar.
Nearly caught me out :) !

Some of them can be rather tricky. Just install the slim version next time mate, no worries that way.

Some of them can be rather tricky. Just install the slim version next time mate, no worries that way.

I'm sure this was posted in the "Free Apps" section before but may have been lost during downtime? (I'll post it there again)

Ninite

It allows you to download and install selected Apps (including Ccleaner) very simply. It takes care of all the usual "Click yes to continue" etc. but most importantly it deals with all those annoying attempts to install crap-ware like tool-bars or any other rubbish vendors attempt to foist upon the unsuspecting user.

You simply check the tic box for the App(s) you want and choose "Get Installer" That's all there is to it :)

The beauty of this system is that the installer you get is "Live" meaning you can use it anytime in the future and it will check to see that you are getting the latest version. It's smart too! If for example you run one of the installers on a system that already has that particular program installed, it will check & if there is not a newer version available it will tell you you already have it, if there is a newer version available it will simply update your existing install & of course without any crap-ware :)

I used to keep a crap load of programs on an external drive for use when away from workshop but found that in no time at all they would be out of date & it was a real pain to keep them up to date. Now all I have is the tiny Ninite installers so whenever I run them I'm always getting the latest version of the program and without the crap :) The installers are tiny in size too so take up little or no room on you pen drive or Ex HDD.

Once you start using this service you will stick with it (y)

Back