Change Standby Display

Forcefire

TK Veteran
Hey all,

Right as you know I got myself a Xpeed LX2, very happy all setup the way I want it BUT its got 1 little niggle and thats the standby display on the front of the box, it displays the Date & Time but as the LCD display is not long enough it misses out most of the time.

I don't need to see the date so just want to display the time, having searched the settings for the option to change it I discovered there isn't one so i'm stuck, must be some XML file or something that I can edit to remove the Date from being displayed.

Anyone know of the setting/file I'm looking for? where is it located. Any help would be great

Cheers in advance :)

Nevermind I figured it out :)

For those who would like to know, you need to edit the skin_display.xml file located in /usr/share/enigma2/display. Open the xml file, scroll down until you find the "standby" section then look for the %D %M %H: %M and remove the %D %M, save the file and then FTP it onto you box to the same location overwriting the current file.
Then go in to settings on you box, goto Front Panel Display and goto to Skin Settings, Apply, let the box reboot and its done, no more Date & Time just your local time is displayed.

I'm not sure if this file is replaced back to the original with an update (no update for me yet) so I would suggest you keep the edited xml file and if so then FTP back to your box after an update and re-apply it.

Hope this helps other like me :)

Done an update today and it goes back to normal, need to re-do. Is there anyway to stop the scrolling of channel name.

Yea I dicovered that too, lol.

The scrolling channel name I think is within the Front Display option within settings, If I'm remembering right its set at 3x so just turn it to off and it should stop. Not 100% sure as not at home right now just just working from memory.

Yes that done the trick but the text is too big missing part of display sky spor so missing ts. Will look in setting to see if there is an option to reduce txt size.

I don't think its possible, some channel names are too long for the LCD thats why mines set at 1x so it scrolls the channel name then stops. I think you only option would be to change it so it only displays the channel number.

Back