Changing my friends gift H2s to another more reliable line

Panda125

My friend has a H2s box that she bought with a gift line that stopped after a few months.
Can I switch to a different line with or without reflashing?
Thanks

Yes you can change the line without flashing. Just need to find the newcamd.list or cccam.cfg file and put the new gift on depending on which cam she's been using.

Simle answer is yes,Its uses a usb cam importer so just put your new line on a usb stick and load it onto the box

You can put wooshbuild on it yes.

Don't worry about sounding "thick", everybody has to start somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do I need to reset it? I've noticed that resting is not the best idea.
I have loaded wooshbuild on my H2s and I'm well please with it, but this is the first one I've had that already has software loaded on it.

Don't waste your time doing a factory reset mate, flashing just overwrites everything anyway so there's no need.

Do not do a factory reset This can cause your box into a boot loop Then you may have trouble flashing it Just flash fresh image

Okay I'll not do that then.
So much too learn. but I must say that the quality of this site and the people who run and use it is fantastic.
Cheers everyone.

just reflashed my mates with wooshbuild latest version .....really cool
thinking of using it on mine if i can find my gift lines and figure out how you re-input them lol

It's easy mate. Download FileZilla. Put your box IP address as the host name and root as username then click connect. On the right hand panel, navigate to /usr/keys and see if there's a newcamd.list file. If the line is on there then it'll have text in it. If not, it'll be in cccam.cfg file under /etc.

Back