Changing to Blade

maff

VIP Member
I'm currently using Kryptview A780,works well appart from the occasional loss of channels and the sometimes annoying "scrambled or no signal" message. I'm thinking about buying a Blade BM7000S.
Been doing a bit of reading around and it seems its a lot more complicated to get up and running. Is it worth moving from Kryptview to Blade?

Already got a sly dish mounted. (unused for 6 years)

Last edited:
Had kryptview myself was a good box until everything got
messed up about 12 months back, got fed up with it
about three months ago and bought a blade.

Easy to set up, no harder than a cable box, only difference is your running
off a dish and you need type in a bit of code (cline) when you first set it up.

Also if the server you use isnt any good you can move.

HD is spot on, but you will pay a monthly sub for the privalige of HD and
a stable feed. You can also add a hard drive and record. Single tuner box
so you generally can't watch another channel while recording.

I am very happy with mine and although a bit more expensive to run
at least it is reliable and I am happy I made the switch.

Thanks for the response,very helpful. What type of code (cline) are we talking about? Is it the software that is required to flash the firmware? And is the sub thing easy to sort out? Sorry for all the questions,but i dont want to order one if its not going to work for me. I have a netgear router and i read somewhere that it may effect my chances of success. Have you had any problems so far?

no problems so far, also got a netgear router.

If you buy one, look on the blade section and post under the thread
"recommend a good server" someone will give usually PM you with a server site.
as it cannot be discussed in an open forum

Get a test line they are usually a one day free trial,this is the (cline )
its a bit of code which allows you to connect to their server
for c/s.

If your happy with the trial, sign up for a sub,
1 week, 1 month, six months etc.

Make sure you use the firmware with the 9991
option, as this puts you into the menu where you enter the cline

Last edited:
Hi all just read this thread and like Maff am wanting to change from kryptview to blade media.SKY are going to install next month so i want to be prepared could some give this idiot a summary of what i need to do once my blade media box arrives as i want to have it up and runing once my install is done PM's welcome cheers guys

Hi all just read this thread and like Maff am wanting to change from kryptview to blade media.SKY are going to install next month so i want to be prepared could some give this idiot a summary of what i need to do once my blade media box arrives as i want to have it up and runing once my install is done PM's welcome cheers guys

quite simple to setup really,
download the latest hacked fw
put it on a usb stick then DL it to the box using the download option in the blade menu,
once it's rebooted prees 9991 the get the hidden menu up that allows you to enter your server connection details,

it'll be more clear once you have the box infront of you i'm sure.
and i'm sure that you'll be very pleased with the bladehd box too.

Galaxy..

Could someone p.m me with a ball park figure of how much the sub may be? Not sure how that part of it works.

Could someone p.m me with a ball park figure of how much the sub may be? Not sure how that part of it works.

you will pay them for a month or so subs (via paypal usually) then they send you a cline or a nline,
these lines eg: c:dyndns portnumber user pass or N: dyndns portnumber user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

and you would just enter these into your 9991 menu

name: Connection_0
ip: dnydns
user: user
password: pass
protocol: newcamd
deskey: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14
port: 12000

if you get stuck just ask mate

Galaxy...

Back