GrogBuild Channel 5 and Associated Channels not Working?

Openboxcy

Hi all,

I installed Grogbuild about 6 months ago on my Octagon SF8008 and everything has been fine until the start of this week.

Basically the box is used for Freesat and IPTV, however, I no longer have working channel 5, 5star etc channels on the Freesat side of things? If I select those channels I just get a black screen. I've done a few reboots and also a couple of AutoBouquetsMaker scans but it's still the same.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

And that will only work on supported Images from plugins feed i would imagine.

Or non ABM scan and move working channels to your new favourites list.

And that will only work on supported Images from plugins feed i would imagine.

Or non ABM scan and move working channels to your new favourites list.
Please explain differently what you mean? ABM will just read the SI tables and add the services on the current frequencies . Even an old version of ABM.

Outdated image now non supported with images from openvix.

If a non abm scan was done channels that are working could be put into MY favourites so i know they now work would they not.

I dont have ABM running as it does not work anymore so stopped it

ABM is a plugin, it has very little to do with image.

Not being able to update ABM provider files does not mean it won't work. It uses the data from the satellite.

Many freesat ones dont work as things moved and box needs to be reflashed again as still have that image on usb stick.

Thinking i might swap that box over to a supported Xtrend model.

I am sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Maybe you can post a picture of the bouquets ABM creates, make sure you remove the services first.

Once again, ABM reads the data from the satellite in the Sky. Not the image server.

And why would you need to reflash?

Box has been having issues and wanted to reflash my last image as freezing and the usual no responce from remote and have power timer and swapfile working and i stream to another box for services.

Not thought of using other non ABM services yet.
Thanks Abu

Delete the ABM bouquets, restart, then run ABM again.
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I've just got a chance to do this. For whatever reason my box is still not picking up Channel 5 etc. I went into ABM and selected delete ABM bouquets. This removed the Freesat channel categories from my EPG. I then done a full restart on the box, went back into ABM and selected Start Scan. I've now got my Freesat EPG categories back, but still missing those channels.

Is there anything else I can do other than a fresh flash?

Cheers

Sorry, I just remembered. There was a commit to fix an issue with Freesat. Sorry my mistake.

Which image are you on. Name and version/date please.

hi abu im using sky for freesat channels and channel 5 is not working im using latest version of whooshbuild any idea how i get them back? many thanks

@Openboxcy
Uninstall ABM and then reinstall it. it should install most recent version.

The change was in February, so a bit puzzled by this. ABM not bringing in the channel is not the same as ABM bringing in a channel you cannot receive because it is on a weaker transponder. Please check the transponder that was mentioned earlier using signal finder to confirm that you can receive it.

I will try and upload newer ipks later on tonight. They need to have the dependencies removed so that they install.

Last edited:
I am sorry, I don't understand what you are saying. Maybe you can post a picture of the bouquets ABM creates, make sure you remove the services first.

Once again, ABM reads the data from the satellite in the Sky. Not the image server.

And why would you need to reflash?
Thinking i am losing it as Not using Abm but VHannibal and now on 12 /12 /2022 and channels working.
Memory sucks now.

Back