Channel number on EPG

adrianfo

Hi
Can't see't wood fer't trees
Can someone share with me, how to make channel numbers visible within the epg view.
Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ----------

Hi
Can someone share with me, how to make channel numbers visible within the epg view.
Cheers

Forgot to mention epg in Openvix

You have to use on plugin downloads e2 autobouquet . the normal one your using in vix doesn't do it.

Hi
Cheers

---------- Post Merged at 08:31 PM ----------

Hi
Cheers

Forgot to mention epg in Openvix

ABM or AB e2?

Done it, not sure how but it's working

I'm using the Slykhd 3 with tabed epg. I've just been messing with the epg settings and the numbers are now visible on the info screen but not on the actual epg view. I can live with this. I don't really want to load too many plugins. Don't wanna get too heavy
Cheers

Another option for ABM with channel numbers is by using the picon number set. Works well by using channel numbers in place of actual logos. Have a search on the forum. They are here somewhere :sherlock:

Because I installed the EPG tabs I had to change one of the system files: EPGSelection.pyo
If I revert back to the original EPG should I also replace the modified EPGSelection.pyo with the original file or will I end up bricking the install again?
Cheers

Because I installed the EPG tabs I had to change one of the system files: EPGSelection.pyo
If I revert back to the original EPG should I also replace the modified EPGSelection.pyo with the original file or will I end up bricking the install again?
Cheers

You can just replace the file for the original without a problem and restart GUI or box. You can run the Tabs with number picons though.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/87532-picons-numbered-set.html

Not sure if the picon set still get updated though.

Last edited:
I like the tabs, very handy. BUT
The reason I'm thinking of reverting back is the tabs hack seems to have slowed the Slyk skin down. It's deffo less responsive . I'll leave tabs on over the weekend and see If I get ear ache off the missus about it.
I don't know if the picons numbered set will work for me as all my bouquets are custom sorted. Or am I seeing this wrong?

Cheers

You can just replace the file for the original without a problem and restart GUI or box. You can run the Tabs with number picons though.

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/87532-picons-numbered-set.html

Not sure if the picon set still get updated though.

Yes there constantly updated you now have 2 sets to choose from one with channel swap to yes the other with channel swap to no.
If you do see any missing post in that thread and we'll sort them out

I like the tabs, very handy. BUT
The reason I'm thinking of reverting back is the tabs hack seems to have slowed the Slyk skin down. It's deffo less responsive . I'll leave tabs on over the weekend and see If I get ear ache off the missus about it.
I don't know if the picons numbered set will work for me as all my bouquets are custom sorted. Or am I seeing this wrong?

They will work as they pick up on the frequency of the channel (i think) so it shouldn't matter where you put them in your bouquets. - Someone correctly me if I am wrong please. Not my area really.

Slow down - If you have a Micro SD card, chuck that in the side slot and put the picons on there, I run picons from sd and don't notice any slow down.

i use picons on box and have 46% used on catch flush but i have no streaming plugins im not sure whether your refering to picons or the tabs hack there snp picons so will stay when the frequency changes its only when sky change the names or channel numbers they need updating.
They will work as they pick up on the frequency of the channel (i think) so it shouldn't matter where you put them in your bouquets

you can use the picons with or without tabs

Back