Channel numbers

KDub

Hi all,

I'm using the VM hd skin with wooshbuild and I can't see any channel numbers anywhere. If I google the channel numbers and type them on the remote it will take me to the correct channel.

However, I would like to see channel numbers so that I can easily remember them and press them when necessary.

Is there anything that I can do to fix this or is the way vm is?

Thanks in advance.

You change the settings in the autobouquets plugin to print the channel numbers in the name.

I don't seem to have that option. If I go to service searching/autobouquets maker/configure and there are no options that relate to channel numbers. Please can you direct me to the right place if I'm doing something wrong?

Oh sorry this is cable. Ignore that comment, that’s for satellite channels. There’s two ways about it, you can either use an XML file (this will break the picons though) to add the channel numbers in or there’s a plugin you can use. Not sure how stable it is but it's been fine on my ATV 6.0 build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh sorry this is cable. Ignore that comment, that’s for satellite channels. There’s two ways about it, you can either use an XML file (this will break the picons though) to add the channel numbers in or there’s a plugin you can use. Not sure how stable it is but it's been fine on my ATV 6.0 build.

Can you tell me the name of plug in please? I like the picons but I think I'd prefer channel numbers. If it turns out that I don't can I simply remove the plug or would I need to reflash the box again?

Ok for the xml method Unzip the attached and ftp the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Rescan ABM

======================================================

For the plugin err Ive forgotten the stable version so best adding the files manually

Warning for openatv 6.0 and above only do not use this on openatv 5.3

EpgList.py
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/ATV6.0-Components/master/EpgList.py
Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as EpgList.py

UsageConfig.py
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/ATV6.0-Components/master/UsageConfig.py

Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as UsageConfig.py

Now ftp both epglist.py and UsageConfig.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components and save the pyo versions to desktop

reboot box

Once the box has rebooted on epg press menu and you should be able to change Service title mode to Service number, Picon and Service name

I take no responsibility for people using these modifications and software updates can brake them so use them with caution

Attachments

• cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.zip
    583 bytes · Views: 15
Last edited:
Ok for the xml method Unzip the attached and ftp the cable_uk_virgin_CustomMix.xml /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom

Rescan ABM

For the plugin err Ive forgotten the stable version so best adding the files manually

Epglist.py
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/ATV6.0-Components/master/EpgList.py
Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as Epglist.py

UsageConfig.py
Code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/davesayers2014/ATV6.0-Components/master/UsageConfig.py

Now ftp both epglist.py and UsageConfig.py to usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components and save the pyo versions to desktop

reboot box

Once the box has rebooted on epg press menu and you should be able to change Service title mode to Service number, Picon and Service name

I take no responsibility for people using these modifications and software updates can brake them so use them with caution

Thank you. If I decide I don't want to use it anymore can I easily delete it from the box? I'd like numbers but if I don't have them it's not the end of the world.

Yes if using the XML method delete it and rescan ABM. If using the python method send the original pyo files back that you should have saved and delete the py files then reboot box

Thank you. If I decide I don't want to use it anymore can I easily delete it from the box? I'd like numbers but if I don't have them it's not the end of the world.

I'm so sorry, I was originally reading on my phone, after logging in the laptop I can't see the "attached file"? I want to use the xml method.

I also forgot to mention that I'm using the h5.2tc box if that makes any difference.

Rescan ABM

Epglist.py
Code:
Copy all the text and past in Notepad and save as Epglist.py

UsageConfig.py
Code:

reboot box

Hi David. I followed your guide for getting the channel numbers onto the IPTV channels but I am having no joy with it. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I can see that the files have transferred OK by looking at the date and time on them. I have also checked that I copied the text correctly... And I have. I cannot see an option in service title mode to name and number and picons? No mention of numbers... Any idea please? Thanks.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Did you reboot after sending the files? Then on epg press menu and change service title mode to name and number by pressing right

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Yes I did a reboot. There was no name and number option in the service title. I'm running ipab on OpenATV 6.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Back