Channel Zap delay using IPTV on Zgemma 2s

mum-rah

Hi All,

Trying to justify the cost of a box upgrade when mine is working "perfectly well"...

Recently moved to IPTV, got all my channels in bouquets with EPG working (proud of myself), the only issue I'm seeing is that when I change channel there is a 3-10 second delay while the audio and video sync up. Usually you have a frozen picture with audio playing, after a period of time (it varies channel to channel) the audio catches up to the frozen picture, which then unfreezes and the video/audio continue together in sync.

When I use the m3u file from my provider in VLC on a PC there is no delay switching from one channel to another on the playlist.

Is this something anyone else is seeing? Should I raise a ticket with my provider? Should I get a better box??

Last edited:
Is your box a h.2s or just a 2s? If it is the latter, then it is your box as it really struggles with iptv due to its - lack of - processing power/ability.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hi All,

Trying to justify the cost of a box upgrade when mine is working "perfectly well"...

Recently moved to IPTV, got all my channels in bouquets with EPG working (proud of myself), the only issue I'm seeing is that when I change channel there is a 3-10 second delay while the audio and video sync up. Usually you have a frozen picture with audio playing, after a period of time (it varies channel to channel) the audio catches up to the frozen picture, which then unfreezes and the video/audio continue together in sync.

When I use the m3u file from my provider in VLC on a PC there is no delay switches from one channel to another on the playlist.

Is this something anyone else is seeing? Should I raise a ticket with my provider? Should I get a better box??
H2s good for iptv I got it on that but wanted it on 2s boxes for bedroom and kids my provider said it was too slow to run iptv something to with only having small ram or memory

Is your box a h.2s or just a 2s? If it is the latter, then it is your box as it really struggles with iptv due to its - lack of - processing power/ability.

It's a 2s, I suspected it might be a bit underpowered - looks like it's an upgrade then...

Unfortunately the s2 was only made for CS as is the H.2S but atleast the latter can cope with IPTV.... just about. Like a PC, it really is about the processing ability. If you choose to opt for an improved box at an affordable price, then at the moment there really is only one option. That is the MAG box (preferably 256 with built in wifi). The processor is vastly superior and immensely quick. The downside of the box is that they don't offer a skin which you may have become accustomed to (with your Zgemma) e.g. SlyQ. Plus, they are a bit hit and miss with the recording facility at the moment.

Unfortunately the s2 was only made for CS as is the H.2S but atleast the latter can cope with IPTV.... just about. Like a PC, it really is about the processing ability. If you choose to opt for an improved box at an affordable price, then at the moment there really is only one option. That is the MAG box (preferably 256 with built in wifi). The processor is vastly superior and immensely quick. The downside of the box is that they don't offer a skin which you may have become accustomed to (with your Zgemma) e.g. SlyQ. Plus, they are a bit hit and miss with the recording facility at the moment.

I must confess to being confused by some of these comments. Other than the issue I've stated (the delay on zap) my 2s is actually coping with the IPTV-provided channels just fine, at least I think it is. What would be the symptoms of the box not coping with them?

Contradicting myself somewhat, I've also seen the following - but I've attributed these both to it being IPTV:

1) During popular sports the channel will freeze quite often (the same channel is fine otherwise) - I figure this is a problem at the provider end.

2) Fast movement is jerky (for example, when watching football), again, I figure this is the stream rather than the box.

So would either of these (along with my initial issue) be improved with an upgraded box?

Follow-up question about the MAG boxes - if my provider supplies EPG, can that be accessed via the box? Any videos I've seen showing a MAG box in action seem to show it just presenting the channels in a long list, no EPG or bouquets??

mum-rah, iptv can be iffy and temperamental.

Your box can't be coping with iptv if your channels are freezing quite often. As for the fast movement being jerky, that is not necessarily the stream but your box's smaller processor trying to work extra hard to catch up with real time. The best way to compare your iptv channels is by viewing the same ones on two different formats i.e. your 2s and then say on a smart tv. You will then notice the difference. If you find that those same channels are experencing the same problems on both formats (as previously stated), then it is an issue with your provider.

As for an upgraded box, despite the processing power being vastly superior to your 2s, there is still no guarantee that your iptv channels won't experience the same symptoms. In which case, this will be a problem at server level i.e. it could be over-subscribed. I personally went through 5 or 6 trials until I found a quality service where channels didn't freeze.

As for a MAG box, the EPG is also iffy. It is unlike what we enjoy with an enigma2 box. The MAG box menu are separated into categories and are easy to use, quick and immensely responsive. However, if you scroll down to a specific channel, it will give you the current programme and the next three, but that is it. I went on my father's MAG box EPG and it showed absolutely nothing! His entire epg was blank. Apparently, his supplier does not provide an epg. You may need to do a little research on finding out if a reliable epg exists for a MAG box.

I am hoping others may comment and are able to give you further advice. All I can do is tell you my own findings from updating from one Enigma box to another (aswell as what I have experienced with the MAG box).

If you feel that your 2s is coping relatively well with iptv and you are not fussed, then I would suggest sticking with it.

Has anyone been able to compare the Edison mini versus a MAG box? Just wondering how they compare with IPTV side by side.

Pennies holding up the pounds

Your box can't be coping with iptv if your channels are freezing quite often. As for the fast movement being jerky, that is not necessarily the stream but your box's smaller processor trying to work extra hard to catch up with real time. The best way to compare your iptv channels is by viewing the same ones on two different formats i.e. your 2s and then say on a smart tv. You will then notice the difference. If you find that those same channels are experencing the same problems on both formats (as previously stated), then it is an issue with your provider.

As for an upgraded box, despite the processing power being vastly superior to your 2s, there is still no guarantee that your iptv channels won't experience the same symptoms. In which case, this will be a problem at server level i.e. it could be over-subscribed. I personally went through 5 or 6 trials until I found a quality service where channels didn't freeze.

As for a MAG box, the EPG is also iffy. It is unlike what we enjoy with an enigma2 box. The MAG box menu are separated into categories and are easy to use, quick and immensely responsive. However, if you scroll down to a specific channel, it will give you the current programme and the next three, but that is it. I went on my father's MAG box EPG and it showed absolutely nothing! His entire epg was blank. Apparently, his supplier does not provide an epg. You may need to do a little research on finding out if a reliable epg exists for a MAG box.

I am hoping others may comment and are able to give you further advice. All I can do is tell you my own findings from updating from one Enigma box to another (aswell as what I have experienced with the MAG box).

If you feel that your 2s is coping relatively well with iptv and you are not fussed, then I would suggest sticking with it.

I suspect the freezing is server-related. Watching the F1 channel now, been fine for the last hour, but once the race starts I predict it will freeze. Good suggestion on comparing with a Smart TV, I'll do that later on.

I've been looking at mag boxes was thinking about getting one but my supplier for sly and iptv told me they will do what you want like any other box I have h2s with iptv no EPG at the moment due to supplier not me works fine and got a king android box with iptv using stb emu on it there's no propper epg but it does tell you what's on now and next and in my opinion they both do the job I need them too I would rather use paid iptv than anything kodi has to offer by Miles. my channels sometimes freeze or a bit slow but then again that could be a server problem or everything connected to my network

I have tried iptv from the same provider on a 2s a h2s a h5.2s and an i55 and all have this problem. The streams work perfectly but once you change channel there is a 5 sec delay before pic and audio play correctly and the 2s handles iptv quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have tried iptv from the provider on a 2s a h2s a h5.2s and an i55 and all have this problem. The streams work perfectly but once you change channel there is a 5 sec delay before pic and audio play correctly and the 2s handles iptv quite well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is a delay on iptv never tried on any other zgemma boxes tried on likes of a firestick and an android box but my supplier won't put iptv on to a 2s box for me he said it would be too slow wouldn't mind trying it like

Back