Channels available

chinton

Interested in moving to cable card sharing. Does anyone know which channels are and aren't available over VM UK card share? Primarily interested in sports

They're all available I think (sports) - they all seem to be on mine anyway... the only downside is no irish SS channels so no 3pm saturday games on SS5 Ireland.... MUTV only in SD too but I think it's still on S*y in HD at the moment.

You don't get as many channels overall though but most that are missing are +1 channels I think. Don't think Atlantic is on cable either.

That's great news. I have a tvheadend install which is already set up with a dual DVB-S2 tuner with one of the inputs pointed at hotbird so can still get some 3 o'clock stuff. Once I incorporate DVB-C it will be best of both worlds!

Thanks for the advice

Oh whilst I'm on the subject of DVB-C, is it possible to split the cable to supply 2 or 3 inputs? I know with a dish you need a separate feed from the LNB per input due to the way it locks to frequency/polarisation, but not sure how it works with cable

If you lost too much signal due to the splitting, you can buy powered splitters too which will help.

I need to split 1 in to 3 and 2 of them need to travel about 10 metres or so. I've bought a 1 to 3 splitter to see how it performs. If it's no good I'll look at getting a booster instead.

Any idea where I can get one from? I can't see anything suitable on eBay

Back