Channels freezing and stuttering

sbc1

My channels keep freezing and stuttering is there an easy fix for this without buying out or would I have to

Cheers mate

upload your router power logs here, if the fault is with VM like the last one, you can save yourself buying anything as it's their fault and will probably continue to get worse, if it's not the power levels then it could be something else

upload your router power logs here, if the fault is with VM like the last one, you can save yourself buying anything as it's their fault and will probably continue to get worse, if it's not the power levels then it could be something else
here we go

here we go

power levels are too high, ring VM and they'll fix it for you
Channels 18 to 24 are through the roof, supposed to be between -6 and 10, so inbetween is about 2 or close to it would be ideal.
channels 18 to 24 range from 10 to 12.5:
upload_2018-12-24_16-43-32.png

it depends on the VM cables to the router, if there's lots of connections and splitters, these may be affecting the power levels.
There should be one single cable entering the house, a quality splitter attached to this, Tratec, Technetix or Labgear, then good quality cables going to box and router
if no name splitters are involved and long lengths of cables then this will affect everything, badly

20181224_174416_1545676639578_resized.jpg
it depends on the VM cables to the router, if there's lots of connections and splitters, these may be affecting the power levels.
There should be one single cable entering the house, a quality splitter attached to this, Tratec, Technetix or Labgear, then good quality cables going to box and router
if no name splitters are involved and long lengths of cables then this will affect everything, badly
this is what i use, its a 5 metre extension

Last edited:
who put the 5m cable in?
if vm added it, it should be calibrated, if you've added it yourself, this will likely be causing the problems

who put the 5m cable in?
if vm added it, it should be calibrated, if you've added it yourself, this will likely be causing the problems
I did it's the only way to to get virgin on because it comes in a different place to where the tv is, anything I can do

Wouldn’t it be better extending the original cable to near (closer) to your tv and then putting in a proper splitter.

Wouldn’t it be better extending the original cable to near (closer) to your tv and then putting in a proper splitter.
The original cable stops the other side of the room and I can't drill any holes through to move the cable closer to where the tv is so that's the best I can do unless there's other alternatives

The original cable stops the other side of the room and I can't drill any holes through to move the cable closer to where the tv is so that's the best I can do unless there's other alternatives

I think you misunderstood.
Where the cable comes in to your house you buy 5m of extra proper Wf100 or RG6 cable and join it using a connector. Run this cable to the tv and then use the splitter.
Connector here https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-X-F-Ty...809493?hash=item2aaf6d68d5:g:~i8AAOSwIeFbTx4s

I presume you dont have a vm box as looking at it is in use with a vm box.
Would a variable attenuator like on the old kv 850 boxes work with new splitter and cables @pablo?

Back