Channels scrambled

simba

Hi any help would be apprecited, im a newbie so bear with me. bought an openbox v8s with gift and after around 2 months channels scrambled so did an update via usb (ajsat) worked perfect for about another few weeks then scrambled again this time updating channel list had no effect and all channels except fta say scrambled. Looked in my cccam.cfg and there is a server name/no. and green tick but it says offline? Have i just been scammed as the gift was for 2years? or am i just missing something really simple because im new to all this tech? Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance

You have probably been scammed.
I have tested 4 lines for people in the last week, all bought via ebay etc and everyone of them is now offline.
I can test it for you f you want and will pm you my email address.
In the meantime you need to request a test line via the general satellite section server request sticky for feb 2016.

Last edited:
You haven't really be scammed. you still have a working box. Just that people buy and think they getting a 2 yr gift which is advertised as FREE.

You haven't really be scammed. you still have a working box. Just that people buy and think they getting a 2 yr gift which is advertised as FREE.
suppose it depends how much you pay for the box with supposed 2yr gift though? I am well out of pocket if you look at it that way because I don't think the box alone is £120 are they?

suppose it depends how much you pay for the box with supposed 2yr gift though? I am well out of pocket if you look at it that way because I don't think the box alone is £120 are they?

Listen you wont be the first and you wont be the last, good thing is you've found the forum and with a bit of guidance you'll be up and running in no time!

Can you not send it back and get a refund? If you purhcased off fleabay then claim its not working and demand a refund as £120 is a high price for a V8s, if you can then either get a new V8s as they are about £35 delivered or spend a little extra and get a zgemma for about £60, both boxes have huge support on this forum and you'll get all the help and support you need from lots of members on here and also find a good line provider from here, I found mine from here and he's great.

I would definitely send it back after raising a dispute with fleabay, you have overpaid massively for an Openbox.

I would also go with Blackwidows suggestion on a getting a Zgemma you will find it so much better, I switched and it was like being given a new smart TV having had a portable TV before, it has lots more features you will enjoy and allows you to configure it to your taste. look on the forum or youtue to get a view of the screens (I use the vix images)

I would recommend the 2S (two tunners so you can record & watch different things), or even Invest in the newest version H2S (but these are rare till March await shipping from the factory) - they are an extra £20+ though.

Lots of offers on the forum - just get the box, then come back a test lines to get a clean, stable, freeze free one as suggested, only buy 12 month at a time - things can change and the renewals are a chance to check out better quality providors.

Good luck.

i've just gone from openbox to zgemma too and i'll never look back. Openbox's are brilliant but zgemmas are in a new league!!

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 AM ----------

Also wish these buggers on eBay would be named/shamed. Not sure on forum rules though. Absolute arse bandits the lot of em

---------- Post Merged at 08:51 AM ----------

http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/77914-buyers-guide-best-box.html

[video]https://youtu.be/qaelQDY2bUw[/video]

You get what you pay for AD. And don't forget your FREE gift.

Last edited:
Let us know who you get on Simba, hoping that you can get the refund and a better box. As for a new line, lots of providers offer less than 12 months so you can build trust with them if your not willing to spend for a year upfront, it will cost you a little extra but it your money so you do what you feel is the right thing to do mate, members on here will support and offer advice for getting up and running again and for less money than £120 too

Last edited:
No chance of a refund unfortunately, it wasn't bought from eBay, but from a trusted source who let me down badly! Still wary of making sure i don't get ripped off again, so I will have to choose my next line wisely, and to be honest after a test line, at least at first I would want to pay monthly.

That's a shame, sorry to hear that. Defo get monthly and build up trust with a new provider but their are good providers out there

I've done the same. my apparent years free gift lasted only a couple months. I did have a sat provider at the time, so never got round to sorting out my lack of server. Have now purchased a new line, and updated channel list with the most recent on the forum. However, I am getting nowhere, and my channels are still scrambled. Any idea's on what i might be doing wrong? bear in mind I'm not totally clued up on what i'm doing, so please keep it as simple as possible for me.
Line details are as per the information in the email to me.
Channel list is up to date. B
ox is plugged directly into my router, so as far as i know, i am connected to the network.
Any ideas?

---------- Post Merged at 01:29 PM ----------

Sorry, ignore above.
I updated firmware via network downloads. everything seems to be working fine.

Hi,in need of help please!! 2 mates both have a skybox f3. Took both to same guy for a new line. Only 1 works okay. The 1 that doesn't work and has scrambled channels has good internet connection connected directly to router. Took that box to the other mates and it works at his house. Contacted server who assured both okay his end. All newbies but looked on this site how to check server details . Both boxes have no line showing in CCcam.cfg but one box does work so not sure how its set up.
many thanks for any help

Instead of going to cccamd go to mgcamd then newcamdlist you should see server details unfortunately you cant see if its online make sure it has a green tick if not green then exit then reeboot.
Also check the weather app search for a city to make sure box getting internet

Hi Everyone, I bought my open V8s end of December 2015 and was on the verge of moving house so I did a quick test to find out if the box was working alright, the box seemed as the terrestrial channels n paid channels where showing. I moved homes and was waiting for Broadband connection connection which was done last week, I connected the box but all pay channels were scrambled. I looked for guidelines to update firmware. I got firmware from skycc then channel list from ajsat. After successful updating firmware and channel list the box worked well even though some paid channels played they eventually came live. I left home with the box switched off then came home 2 days later (last night) on switching the box all paid channels are scrambled. I tried a channelist update that didn't work nor did firmware update. Could anyway kindly help........Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back