Cheap Coax cable question

channelking

Read on other forums where you use cheap coax cables from splitter to router and box it will cause noise on the network which will cause VM to knock on your door. Now is this true and any way to avoid this as I only bought the splitter kit from ebay as was recommended on here by people? Really concerning.

Also reading their t&c its even more worrying the fines and prison time you could face if breaking their t&c which seems all negative.

Hope someone can advise.

So it is true then they can come after you?

I bought the one that was recommended on here.

Cant find original VM coax cable.

So it is true then they can come after you?

I bought the one that was recommended on here.

Cant find original VM coax cable.

it is 'possible' they could see noise on the network
but unlikely,
the simple fact is,
poor quality co-ax will give you a whole heap of problems with signal quality etc,
vermin use a variant of WF100 / CT100 etc

TBH the ones I bought from ebay havent given be huge issues with freezing/glitching and signal/power levels are fine as well and signal quality on box seems fine as well.

But I get where you coming from higher quality splitter and coax cables with cause less issues.

No reputable member who knows what they're talking about would recommend a cheapo splitter kit - especially brands like Electrosmart etc.

Why would I lie about this?

Was recommended to get splitter kit off ebay when first got the box.

because lots of people see the 'exact same' one for 2 quid cheaper so buy that one.

did you get the exact one you were linked to? and was it a genuine one
or just one the same?

Where did I say you lied about this? struggling to find out where :confused:

All I said was "No reputable member who knows what they're talking about would recommend a cheapo splitter kit - especially brands like Electrosmart etc." so if someone told you to buy one of these cheapo kits then they don't know what the hell they're doing.

Who told you to get this cheapo kit?

co-ax and splitters etc make a massive difference,
thats why you see guys on here constantly refer to WF100 co-ax,
while that is perhaps the benchmark for co-ax, I have a >30m run in CT100 co-ax [ albeit satellite] , a much lesser heard of co-ax perhaps, and its a kind of generic name, so you need to be 100% certain that it is genuine CT100 and not cheap copy stuff,
but proper CT100 is in my opinion, just as good as, if not better , than WF100 at a much less premium as you are not paying for a name,
its like WF100 and 'proper' CT100 are made to the original RG6 standard, that standard no longer exists, so most any crap co-ax made to the same physical dimensions can now claim to be RG6 co-ax , believe it or not.
so without further knowledge of what you are actually getting its best to stick with known brand names and genuine gear.

If I knew about this from the start mate I wouldnt have got the kit off ebay.

Oh well whats done is done.

we are all on a learning curve,
I really only got into this in a way at the beginning of this year,
OK, so I know about the co-ax quality thing etc, but thats merely cos I do it as part of my day job,
most people see co-ax as co-ax, and then see
OH, digital co-ax at 3quid a metre, it must be really good, I'll get some

I have a draw full of bad buys from my early days of my DIY sat/cable projects. Mostly off eBay.
Soon learnt to do my homework before buying. I keep them to remind me of what it cost me.
You live and learn.
Ps. Anyone want to buy some electro smart splitters:)

we are all on a learning curve,
I really only got into this in a way at the beginning of this year,
OK, so I know about the co-ax quality thing etc, but thats merely cos I do it as part of my day job,
most people see co-ax as co-ax, and then see
OH, digital co-ax at 3quid a metre, it must be really good, I'll get some

Mate I have always been thick.

What people find basic I really struggle work take motorised setup as an example.

No rush to get IPTV or motorised as c/s is still working but thinking for future for family.

Just hate that cant do stuff myself without making things 10 times worse.

Your an installer mate?

Mate I have always been thick.

What people find basic I really struggle work take motorised setup as an example.

No rush to get IPTV or motorised as c/s is still working but thinking for future for family.

Just hate that cant do stuff myself without making things 10 times worse.

Your an installer mate?

not a satellite installer, no
I'm an electrician,
just recently been thinking about expanding into sat dishes etc as more and more people are going that way,
only doing easy stuff though, south facing, and smallish dishes,
13 19 28 multisat and basic motorised, local work.
there are a lot more professional guys out there than me,

Back