CHEAPEST Cable reciever

coopauk

Hi I'm new to the forum and was looking for advice on what cable reciever to buy.
I have a cable only feed and have been looking at the Zgemma boxes but I also want the ability to record one channel and watch another. I have read up on some of my options mainly the vu box but I was hoping someone may be able to help tell me the best/ cheapest option.
Im hopeful of finding a box in the same price range as the Zgemma
Thanks in advance

You won't find a cheap twin tuner for cable, your looking at £180 for a receiver plus £30-50 for a HDD. Plus postage.

Vu+ Solo SE V2 Twin Tuner DVB-C/T/T2 Cable / Terrestrial Linux HD PVR Ready Receiver @ £169:eyes:lol

one of the reasons if asked i will always say vu are good and top rated as customer wants to view tv without issues.

Thanks, is this the right model for recording one and watching one with only a single cable input?
VU-Plus-Solo-SE-V2-2x-DVB-C-T-T2?
I can't post the link

---------- Post Merged at 04:05 AM ----------

Is it on world of satellite I meant to say*****

Am I right in thinking this is the one with an internal splitter?
So I wouldn't need to make any mods?
Basically just one cable feed in and it'll allow me to record one and watch one?
Thanks for the help and your patience, just want to be 100% sure

There's a new addition to the mix if you're after a twin tuner box - Technomate TM-Nano SE M2 - £138 and takes an internal hard drive. No idea what Technomate are like but just letting those looking for a budget know.

How does the technomate work? I've been having a look. There's has two cable inputs... Does that mean id have to use splitter on my cable feed so I'd have two inputs? Or does it work like the vu? With internal splitter?

Back