Clones?

There aren't any clones of the ZGemma Star 2S yet as far as I'm aware. However the Vix team are adamant that the ZGemma Star 2S is a clone receiver period This is because they don't support the box and therefore if you wish to run OpenVix you have to run a clone safe version and can't do over the air updates. The box is however officially supported by OpenATV (which is also an OpenAlliance build so very similar). OpenVix tend to only support receivers sold by world of sat as they help support the project (I presume financially).

The Zgemma Star boxes are great value for money - Really pleased with mine

There aren't any clones of the ZGemma Star 2S yet as far as I'm aware. However the Vix team are adamant that the ZGemma Star 2S is a clone receiver period This is because they don't support the box and therefore if you wish to run OpenVix you have to run a clone safe version and can't do over the air updates. The box is however officially supported by OpenATV (which is also an OpenAlliance build so very similar). OpenVix tend to only support receivers sold by world of sat as they help support the project (I presume financially).

Yes its funny how they call it a clone when a fellow alliance member officially supports the box.....
P.S There are no "clone-safe images" this box is not a clone..its not copying or pretending to be something its not images are Patched to enable function on this box..
Plus if by some sort of mishap you do an inbox/software update while running a patched image it will not kill the box you will simply have to install a new image and start again..
I have the latest vix image 153 installed fully tested and works fantastic..i have no issues what so ever..for me although it can not be updated Vix is perfect for this box...
but thats just my personal taste having ran every available image on the box openatv and openvix sure make it sing a sweet song of viewing..after all thats what its all about...

Last edited:

Yes its funny how they call it a clone when a fellow alliance member officially supports the box.....
P.S There are no "clone-safe images" this box is not a clone..its not copying or pretending to be something its not images are Patched to enable function on this box..
Plus if by some sort of mishap you do an inbox/software update while running a patched image it will not kill the box you will simply have to install a new image and start again..
I have the latest vix image 153 installed fully tested and works fantastic..i have no issues what so ever..for me although it can not be updated Vix is perfect for this box...
but thats just my personal taste having ran every available image on the box openatv and openvix sure make it sing a sweet song of viewing..after all thats what its all about...

It;s a clone because it is built by a notorious clone producer, Air Digital, they have produced clones for years then all of a sudden decided to say their new box was genuine, I call bullshit on that. as for ATV supporting this receiver don't try reading too much into that, they dont even bother boot testing most of the boxes they supposedly support.

pheonix-ViX you've made your views perfectly clear. Yes in the past Air Digital made clones but what exactly are the Zgemma Star series clones of???? They have there own drivers so I very much doubt they are. As for calling bullshit - care to substantiate your claims?? The manufacturers don't claim that this box has Vix support and fortunately we don't have to use it. I prefer OpenATV anyway and have a choice to do this so please don't rubbish the box just because you don't support it......

pheonix-ViX you've made your views perfectly clear. Yes in the past Air Digital made clones but what exactly are the Zgemma Star series clones of???? They have there own drivers so I very much doubt they are. As for calling bullshit - care to substantiate your claims?? The manufacturers don't claim that this box has Vix support and fortunately we don't have to use it. I prefer OpenATV anyway and have a choice to do this so please don't rubbish the box just because you don't support it......

Well said.

Back