cloud ibox 2+ how to update plugins

lee171181

Can someone tell me how to update & install plugins on the ibox 2+? I have VIX image & when I go to plugins & press green to download, it says sorry feeds are down for maintenance & always has done since ive had the box? I accidently removed ts media so I need to download & reinstall the latest version but not sure how, can it be done via ftp? I have DCC thx

first of all you mention vix image ,hopefully not a 2014 image and drivers or box will brick,if box was linking to original firmware all old images and help have been removed [ i think ] yours is a clone box.might have to be downloaded elsewhere and ftp to box.

Anything before 2014 has been cut off from downloading updates and plugins. So a zeus or helios (unofficial as vix dont release for this box) is ur only option if you want to update plugins. But as cactikid says, they are unstable. This will mean just that ur box can hit a glitch and you will have to find a workaround or reflash with a pre 2014 image until a fix is found.
So basically if ur not prepared to fix it when it crashes ur better stayinf on a pre zeus image.
If you really need to be able to update you need zeus or helios but be prepared for re-doing ur box everytime theres a conflict.

So can I download latest version of tsmedia 6.3 on this box from somewhere else & install it via FTP, & if so, where?

Sorry dude. You could google. But a more experienced user could tell you if it has to be a ibox 2+ safe version or not. Version 6.3 ipk easy to find but not sure if safe/stable or if its same ipk for all box types.

---------- Post Merged at 11:21 PM ----------

If u can risk having to reflash ur box again let us know how you get on.

Back