cloud ibox 2 plus tuner problems

neil4lisa

i got an ibox 2 plus a few days ago, i got it up and running got my cccam.cfg installed via filezilla and running thelatest version of openvix i only have one problem, when i do an automatic scan (28.8) it only picks up 217 channels every time, ive tried reflashing with serveral differnt image to no avail, also tried autobouquestmaker to no avail it just says "timeout for tuner lock", all my config setting are correct for my satalite etc, most channels it picks up are free channels but it also picks up espn, bt sport, a few adult channel witch i can view witch also tells me i have my cccam set up correctly also tried manual scan to no avail. on the ibox on E4 for example the signal strengh is 63% were as onmy f5 the strengh is 89%.

i no my sk* dish and lnb are all ok as i also have an f5 box with all channels and no issues.

i read on another site that these boxes have weak tuners? i checked the solder on the tuner when i opened it up and all seems ok.

any help would be appreciated as this box is a big step up from the f5 if i can get the signal to work properly.

thanx

Last edited:
have you got a seperate supply from LNB to box
have you tried disconnecting F5 and installing IBox on that line

yes i am using the line that was connected ro my f5

---------- Post Merged at 08:29 PM ----------

have you got a seperate supply from LNB to box
have you tried disconnecting F5 and installing IBox on that line

yes i am using the line that was connected to my f5

I Ran into a similar problem a while ago with a different box but exactly same issue. I had an openbox s9 that picked up everything on 28.2 when scanned but later purchase a vu+ duo and was missing about 400 channels when I scanned. When I inputted the a few of the frequencies manually that I obtained from the the openbox some it recognised others it didn't. When I checked on sat frequencies web site they were way off what the openbox was picking it up on. I later purchased a vu solo and had the same thing happen. I was assured it couldn't be the dish or Lnb as one box worked fine on the setup. I took the vu solo to my dads and scanned picked up all 920+ channels. So it turned out the LNB was the fault. £20 new dish/lnb all sorted. So to Cut a long story short don't assume cause one box works fine that the LNB/Sat are ok. Hope this helps.

took it to another house there and a scan only picks up 210 channels on there dish

---------- Post Merged at 10:03 PM ----------

I Ran into a similar problem a while ago with a different box but exactly same issue. I had an openbox s9 that picked up everything on 28.2 when scanned but later purchase a vu+ duo and was missing about 400 channels when I scanned. When I inputted the a few of the frequencies manually that I obtained from the the openbox some it recognised others it didn't. When I checked on sat frequencies web site they were way off what the openbox was picking it up on. I later purchased a vu solo and had the same thing happen. I was assured it couldn't be the dish or Lnb as one box worked fine on the setup. I took the vu solo to my dads and scanned picked up all 920+ channels. So it turned out the LNB was the fault. £20 new dish/lnb all sorted. So to Cut a long story short don't assume cause one box works fine that the LNB/Sat are ok. Hope this helps.

took it to another house there and a scan only picks up 210 channels on there dish

I'm having same problem... Has anyone got a solution? Only finding 219 channels in my house and my brothers even though he has a fully working cloud ibox2 plus in his house. Could it be a hardware malfunction?

Back