Cloud ibox 3 - to wait or not to wait?

Thanks DigitalGhost - peeps should remember that the box currently mentioned in post 17 has one satelite input and one terrestial input.
For those wanting 2 satellite inputs i have been advised by the supplier mentioned in post 17 that the 2 satellite input version will be available from them in a week to ten days - they say
seen one on ebay for 200 quid PMSL for a vu clone.
just get 2 single boxes cheaper

Delboys will always try it on lol

that is a rip off. you are better off buying a clone vu+ duo rather than a cloud though. the vu+ duo clone mini is a quite stable little sat box,

in fact i know mate cloud boxes have a terrible preformance. they are actualy a clone of a clone. if i had a choice between a original skybox and a cloud box i would take the skybox. the duo clone mini has no real issues if purchased from the correct supplier other than you have to use clone safe images. like i said i am not a fan of a cloned box really as support can drop with a blink of an eye. or the linux devs will protect their software so well it can only be used on the real thing.

Last edited:
tried buying 5pieces of ibox3 from as many chinese suppliers as I can find. All say 30-60 days. So anyone finds stock please let me know! Cheers

Just found uk suppliers. Used many times for skyboxs. Reliable. Available again next week. Pm me for contact details. £90 delivered. Twin sat feed cloud ibox 3's. ;-)

I contacted air sat(actual manufacturer's of cloud ibox 3??????)
regarding availability of the Cloud ibox 3 and received a reply today
the relevant part of the email is reproduced below --

"havn't cloud ibox 3 2DVB-S2 now Hello,
Sorry we havn't cloud ibox 3 with 2DVB-S2,but have cloud ibox 3 DVB-S2+DVB-T2/C and cloud ibox 2 plus in stock.

cloud ibox 3 with engima2 linux os, 751mhz broadcom Mips CPU,512MB ddr3 ram,512MB flash,
twin tuner (DVB-S/S2 +T2/C Tuner built-in),free IPTV,web tv,HBBTV.
working with Engima2 image, like Blackhole,Openpli(4.0),open atv,Italysat and VIX.
the price is 85usd for the samples, it is from 80usd/pc."

How "genuine" the cloud ibox 3's with the twin dvb-s2 tuners that are currently available are, is a question that will no doubt have a thousand answers!!

Sucmnsee's information will no doubt be most helpful to the many, like me, who are waiting.
Would be interested in the spec to compare with the above from air sat.

Last edited:
Cheers satboynoob. That just helped me decide to buy 1 rather than 5. Thanks. Im a noob too at this so could get caught out easily. Only 3 months experience. Hope they work out though. But like I say the supplier has always proved reliable before. But that doesn't mean anything. (Fingers crossed)

---------- Post Merged at 12:25 AM ----------

lol would that make it a clone of a clone of a clone of a vu duo 2? lol

all you can do is ask the questions 1. "what is the source of your ibox 3s" and 2. "what are the full technical specs." Source should be Shenzhen Air Digital Technology Co., Ltd and the specs should include reference to the fact that acccording to air digital news release on the 21 March 2014 the cloud ibox 3 had its CPU speed increased to 751 Mhz. This box with it's 512MB Flash and 512MB DDR 3 is relatively an extremely powerful sat box. According to the spec it has the capacity to do far more than most twin tuners costing £400 plus. As with all things chinese are we, as far as the ibox 3 is concerned, dealing with clones of clones or outsourced manufacturing or indeed is the manufacturer itself a clone!!!

ok it always dodgy selling clone boxes because they are cheaply made. you have no support. you can get a genuine vu+ duo with 500 gig hardrive installed for £255.00. if you cannot afford that you can get a genuine single tuner octagon sf8 which is a rock solid sat box for around £125.00. if you cannot afford a linux based box you can get a blade box i am not sure how much they are i think they are about £100.00. the reason the likes of vu and other sat boxes charge higher prices is because they are made with qaulity parts and they have a prooven track record. the cloud boxes have no such record in fact just the oppisite.

in price look at golden media wizard vote HD with twin dvb-s2's(for satellite reception) - website cynextra.com - german design - available from rockdale fleabay for £90 - however the spec is very light on detail - the ibox 3 appears capable of far more - if you can find it!! finding hen's teeth might be easier!! - neither have hard disks - however hooking up an external one via usb should be possible - dont take my word for it - dyor!!

Are there any other boxes with twin satellite tuners that come anywhere near these in price?

no you are just better off paying for the vu range, if you dont you may get problems then there is no point complaining. it has bee said many times before you get what you pay for in this game

Just found uk suppliers. Used many times for skyboxs. Reliable. Available again next week. Pm me for contact details. £90 delivered. Twin sat feed cloud ibox 3's. ;-)

I emailed the seller to ask when they'd be available, and to double check the price and specs, unfortunately this is the reply I got:

first of all it want be for £90 for both sat turners it will be much expensive and they still not released yet, only inbox3 came with one sat turner and other ts2 turner we have that one in stock for 90

So it looks like nobody has them yet. I'm willing to wait though. I appreciate the whole pay cheap get cheap, however I'm the type of person who'd rather take a punt and have low expectations than fork out £250+ and not be amazed.

I've been pleasantly surprised by many things that I've gone cheap on before.

Am I missing something here? Isn't the cloud ibox 3 a clone of the xpeed lx2 - which is original box available for 120-140 euros from Germany and £130 uk.

What's the point risking it with a Chinese clone?

And the reply from airsat is that it wont be an ibox3 but ibox 4 with 2x sat tuner and 1.5 gb processor

Maybe i'm wrong...

But i can see plenty of xpeed lx2 receivers from germany (much safer than china in terms of import) with 2 x sat tuners.

as far as i know the xpeed lx2 has one fixed sat tuner and one PnP tuner which could be sat or cable/terrestrial combo.

with number of images available for it too, making it a great choice. No need to worry about clone bombs in updated drivers.

might not be £90 but pay £20 more and get the original, that's what i would suggest. If you're saving over £70-£100 on a clone, i could see the point in buying a clone and taking limited risks. But for £20-£30 if that, it's just not worth it.

on another note, imo, the dvb-c/t tuner along with sat tuner combo might serve you better in the long run (than 2x dvb-s2 tuners) if you're only concerned about 28e type channels. Cable seems to be making a bit of a comeback

Google sat tv help lx2 - they have a section on the receivers. Openatv seems to be the most popular image

""""
CLOUD IBOX4 will come soon.

Main Features

1,3GHz Dual Core CPU Processor
Plug & play DVB-S/-S2/-C/-T/-T2 Triple Tuners or Twin Tuner ( 2 DVBS2, 2 DVBC, 2 DVBT2/C, S2+C, S2+T2/C)
Full HD
HDMI
Linux Operating system,Latter than Kernel / Ver, 3,1 x
Media Player
Downloadable Plug-ins supported
1 x Smartcard Reader
1 x CI Plus
MPEG2/H 264 Hardware Decoding
LED
512MB NAND Flash / 1GB DDR Memory
External SATA supported
Internal HDD (optional)
Gigabit Ethernet Interface
2 x USB2,0
YPbPr
Composite video(RGB)
SCART(TV)
S / PDIF for digital bit stream out (optical )
EPG support
Automatic & Manual Service Scan support
Multiple LNB control (DiSEqC) support
Skin change support
PVR Ready

Support Blackhole OpenPLi OpenVIX Italysat Enigma2 0 SkyUK

Support HBBTV CI Plus Web Browser Android IPhone / iPad Airplay"""

Back