Clueless Zgemma H2H newbie

Hi all,

I've been looking at getting an H2H box for a while now as I have both sky and cable connections at home.

There's a company advertising on social media and they are charging £140 for the box and 1st year subs and £40 a year there after which I don't think is bad.

However I know I can buy the box cheaper, but I'm unsure if, A I need a subscription? and B will the box come ready to go?

I ask as I'm new to all this and don't want to end up stuck, not knowing what to do!

Also, while we're on, are there any other box recommendations other than the Zgemma?

Thanks in advance:-)

1. No the box will NOT come ready to go. There is a lot of setting up to do (it isn't too taxing)

2. You will need a subscription.

3. The h2h is a great shout. Good choice.

4. The people on this site will help you out no end with all aspects of it if ya need. It's a good forum

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Buy a box from the zgemma forum sponsor on here.
Load a build from the forum and learn about the box while you are doing it.
You will get a line from vips/vets cheaper than £40 and it will be more reliable as well.

Cheers people, much appreciated!

As I'm a total novice on this subject, I have a couple more questions....

A build? Is that the operating system, ie one that mimics sky?

And as for the line, how do I go about getting that?

Thanks again

Yea kind of. A build is what someone has previously set up using an empty operating system.

A line you can get on this forum. I'm not sure where though but I'm sure someone will pop a link on for ya

As far as I know, you will need 2 lines for the H2H (If you wish to make use of both sat/cable functionality that is). I'm a noob too and also have sat/cable in. still unsure what the best route is though, hence I haven't bought my box yet ..... get two lines...all cable...all sat...dilemmas....dilemmas. :/

Cable - all HD channels
Sky - no HD channels but, ya do get setanta sports (3pm kick offs)
That's how I look at it.

To be honest Perkz my biggest dilemma is keeping wifey happy during the transition. I semi lied in my previous post....I do have a box....A v8s...To cut a long story short it lasted one evening...Before it was...PLEASE Reconnect the base package sly box. :)

Mate. You'll be fine with a zgemma. Get it set up, stick the slyk skin on it and she'll never know you're not with sky. Lol.

To be fair, my missus moaned like mad cos it's not quite the same. So my argument back was. Ok, as long as you pay the bill and we have every channel. She soon piped down

.....That's MY dilemma :) I would need both to keep transition wifey happy (watch one/record another scenario)....BUT I would need two lines....So do I go the sly only (h2s single sly line/dual tuner) or cable/sat (h2h dual lines - but HD) ----This is my final dilemma :grin:

Ps...@shiftyscoob sorry for threadjacking, but I hope it all helps you out too.

the zgemma range are all enigma2 boxes so can have the sly look a like skin installed making them the cheapest & nearest to main provider, the h2h can also have the virmin skin loaded to look like vm... great boxes for the money & a lot of support on here, you can do everything yourself if you spend an afternoon reading the forum & all backup images come with instructions on what to do & how to do it. Edidion is another similar box in the cheaper end of enigma2 boxes & again very good value for money. The line side of things depends on the provider you go with as some providers will give two lines (1 for sly & 1 for cable, other providers will give one line that covers both sly & cable) regardless of who you get your line/gift/sub from you are best to use the section on this forum to make your request (our members are a cut above the usual Joe blogs providers & offer quality lines at a fair price & will often help you setup your box via remote access if your new)

the V8s has its purpose but cant touch the enigma2 boxes as thanks to our members hard work you can have the looks of sly..even the new slyQ or a virmin look a like, all with 7 day epg & multi recording/programing so very similar to the real thing & all on a budget that you will get back within 2 two months of paying a major provider plus you get a lot of extra's with these boxes too... its a win win & two fingers up at the mainstream media money grabbers

---------- Post Merged at 08:17 PM ----------

the slyhd skin, slyQ skin & vm skins were all made here along with many other quality perks like a movie organizer...you will see them all over the place but they were made right here on techkings by our dedicated members

Last edited:
lol no one but I have seen the time & effort that goes into creating a lot of the extra goodies we now have; ALL have been offered freely for anyone with an enigma2 box to use & have now made their way onto other people’s builds including those offered on some selling sites... seldom do I see the creators or techkings thanked for these contributions which annoys the gubbins out of me...

zgemma newbie here too
just set me first box up tonight this site has been a godsend
was it easy ? hell no lol well biggest head banger was getting right usb drive to work but then READ WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU
low level format stick first DO NOT QUICK FORMAT that info will save you hours if not days of frustration
rest is step by step simple :willy nilly:

Run ipab image you will never look back and its due a update mid September so will have new sly skin and vm tivo skin

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 PM ----------

Its also based on open atv so ota updates are safe

Back