Coax Cable Not working - Suggestions please!

so you havent got a good mechanical connection really with that plug?

you really need to sort that first, then go from there

Ok, I'll pop out tomorrow and buy a proper f type end for it and fit it properly.Thanks

regarding the female to female coupler - Should that do the job? or will I need to pick up something else for joining to f-type cables together

Ok, I'll pop out tomorrow and buy a proper f type end for it and fit it properly.Thanks

regarding the female to female coupler - Should that do the job? or will I need to pick up something else for joining to f-type cables together

no, your female female is fine,
the only issue is its yet another connection, with every connection you lose a little signal, less joints = better
you can get female 'cable ends' , but not really mainstream so doubtful many local places would have them,
I dont even think I have any or coulda posted you one,

no, your female female is fine,
the only issue is its yet another connection, with every connection you lose a little signal, less joints = better
you can get female 'cable ends' , but not really mainstream so doubtful many local places would have them,
I dont even think I have any or coulda posted you one,

Ok, So I took your advice and went to screwfix and bought some new f type cable ends. It is now fitted to the end of the cable in the basement.

Unfortunately still no signal on the zgemma box :(

What are the chances that getting a powered signal booster will make any difference at all? If it was indeed just a weak still be picking up some channels? Currently I am getting none at all going through this old cable.

Is there anything else you might suggest I try? I'm still getting a faint electric current going through the cable when plugged into the zgemma box, which is pretty weird.

Ok, So I took your advice and went to screwfix and bought some new f type cable ends. It is now fitted to the end of the cable in the basement.

Unfortunately still no signal on the zgemma box :(

What are the chances that getting a powered signal booster will make any difference at all? If it was indeed just a weak still be picking up some channels? Currently I am getting none at all going through this old cable.

Is there anything else you might suggest I try? I'm still getting a faint electric current going through the cable when plugged into the zgemma box, which is pretty weird.

as I said above,
you need to verify the integrity of the existing cable,
could you not run a new cable along the same route as the old one?
I wouldnt start throwing money at some unknown problem until you know what the problem is, if the cable is cheap nasty normal TV cable no amount of faffing will get you an acceptable signal,

Can't you attach a new piece of cable to the old one, then pull the old cable from above which will pull the new cable through. So you then know that the cable is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back