Combi boxes and cable lines

Warhammer14

TK Veteran
Just a question for my uncle he wants to get a combi box for sat and cable , he's getting bt fibre installed for broadband, will that be OK to recieve cable. He already has a sat feed but he wants cable too, does he need cable tv or will bt infinity be good enough to recieve. Many thanks

He will have to have a live VM feed into the house, this does not mean that he has to have VM in the house, though, to be sure, if he was to get the basic package or VM broadband that would guarantee it. (sometimes there may have been a VM feed previous line in the house).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers mate , so anyone who has vm cable if they cancelled their tv package would they still be able to recieve cable. As vm tv and Bb run through the same line as I thought did bt infinity

Cheers mate , so anyone who has vm cable if they cancelled their tv package would they still be able to recieve cable. As vm tv and Bb run through the same line as I thought did bt infinity

That is exactly what I am suggesting (in Garyth's post that I edited lol) , there is no guarantee, but you would have to try it out to see is it still "live" . I am in Ireland, so have no direct experience as to whether BT and VM run through the same cabling.

Cheers wheelo for that , was basically asking if both are cable feeds .. I know vm is but know nothing about bt infinity

Bt infinity is not classed as cable. Bt is Cable to the box then they use the old telephone line to your house. So for example the speed at the box maybe 75 mbs, but from the box to your house the further you live from it the more loss. so the speed at your house maybe 32mb or in my case 25mb.

Vm cable is to your house and supplied by virgin only. and the speed is more or less what is on the tin.

Back