Cable Configuring tuner b (Cable) on Zgemma h1/h2

Hi folks,

just a quick question really, how do i configure my tuner B to receive the best possible results from my cable line. i have added pictures so it makes more sense on what i`m actually asking for.

*** please note, i already know about the net id that's not a problem, its the other settings like QAM ect ect, do i put yes or no to any of the other settings ****

any help or guidance will be much appreciated

Thank you very much in advance,

Whizzkidtm.

2015-07-27 12.21.21.jpg2015-07-27 12.22.05.jpg2015-07-27 12.22.47.jpg

hi
let me know if you have worked it out please
mine is showing
Error service not found! (SID not found in PAT)

and add 6887 as additional sr

used service scan type,try right click?on remote lol

Last edited:
and add 6887 as additional sr

used service scan type,try right click?on remote lol

Zgemma star H1 - vix 4.2 image here: http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=526
I did it used this website to get the Birmingham symbolrate and frequency many others available: here>> : http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65862-cable-netids.html
menu
setup
service search
tuner config - tuner B- DVB-C
used service scan type - Frequency steps
network ID 41011
frequency scan step size (khz) - 04101
scan QAM16, QAM32 etc > select all yes
scan additional SR - 6887
scan additional SR - 6887

that what i did and found over 400 chanels
run the autobouquet select vm cable yes then select the desired settings and boom!!

Last edited:
I changed the used service scan type to provider, then down below I went left until virgin UK provider showed, entered my net ID, saved and set up Autobouquets maker providers to the same net id saved and did a scan. HTH

I changed the used service scan type to provider, then down below I went left until virgin UK provider showed, entered my net ID, saved and set up Autobouquets maker providers to the same net id saved and did a scan. HTH
I see. Will the net ID be different area to area or is it unique? To a specific user?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

As per area, when you set up your region it will be listed in autobouquets maker with the net id too, mine is manchester 41060 in both tuner config and area in bouquets maker, if that makes sense, set your area on vermin part of autobouquets and you will see.

41011 birmigham.. thanks pal.. great help just need sealion for the vermin. Any recommendations plz pm me..

---------- Post Merged at 02:49 PM ----------

ok found 598 channels now success!!
Birmingham config as follow

setup
service search
sat finder - tuner B
set my frequency - 587
inversion - auto
symbol rate - 06952
modulation - 64QAM
then ok to scan

run autobouquet...

Hi
Can anyone tell me if you have to have a sub with (vm) telly or broadband to get the n line working on cable?

You don't NEED to have a sub but you do need a live feed to your property....most keep the broadband to ensure a live feed

That's great help.. does that mean they can turn it off from the junction box? If anyone experienced that plz add to the forum

Yes and yes, they disconnected me at the box, got their broadband installed and live feed again :)

Anybody got bt sports extra loaded sucmnsee vix image it shows up on sky but I don't have dish
Disable tuner A
ENABLED tuner B added net id scanned found channels put net id in autobouquets with rytec virgin media scanned but lost bt sports and sky interactive everything else is great

Whats the best EPG to use on this build for Virgin Media? I can't download CrossEPG as I dont have have any satelite connected to DVB-S, only DVB-C for cable

I'm trying to get my h2 to work...
I have a splitter as I need the feed to go into the hub as well
So it's a 1 in 2 out
I can find all of the channels
The only problem is they only show 29% strength and I can view any of the channels bbc1 etc!

Am I doing something wrong
I've checked the net Id and entered the alternate ID for my area as well and still the same problem

Rachibe88 did you manage to solve your problem? As I'm running into the exact same thing.
Any help would be grateful

Yes I did paulk21 I used a smaller coaxial cable into the splitter ftp the config files back in and reset my box.

The signal on the zgemma box always shows at 29% for the cable element as its a bug with the box but now the channels are working perfectly still with 29%

If not you might have to look into a signal booster but they can be costly
It was an mcamd.cfg file I think it was called

Thanks for your help . Yeah that's your line/sub . Thought I had to change something on the box lol I'll let ya know how I get on . Gonna flash with a blank image and start again :-)

Back