Confused?

So I'm a little confused...

Currently use two sky inputs into my ZGemma 2s...

I'm moving house and I want to use my Sky setup when I move, but about 9 months down the line want to move to Virgin...

H2H seems to tick the boxes as does both Cable and Sky....

But when I look at the back of it, where on earth do the two Sky cables go or the 2 Cable cables go - I can only see one Tuner???

HTB1kUj3KXXXXXbyXpXXq6xXFXXXi.jpg

Any help appreciated!

the H2H is a combo tuner & has 1 cable tuner (top left looks like old style tv arial input) & 1 Sly tuner (bottom right tuner A in), you wll need an adapter for the cable feed but sly feed just screws in as normal.

Thanks Beaky. Does that mean either on Cable or on Sky, you can only watch one thing and not another? Like I can with my 2s at the moment??

its a combo so you can have the best of both worlds, VM will give you back the HD channels that Sly has lost, vm lines cost more than fixed dish lines but you do get HD back.
VM lines & Sly lines can be different depending on your line provider so you may need to buy another line for the sly side like I did. A little dearer this way but I think its well worth it over 12m.
Once up & running they operate much the same as a standard box, you choose which tuner you want to watch & record on the other.

Last edited:
Ace! cheers guys, makes sense.

Before I get my VM in I'm just going to be living on SLY, but I can live with just one tuner before I get VM in. Sweet. Sounds good to me, and now with sucamsee's image for it, it's all hunky dory!

In addition to Funkyfin2000's curiosity, can you please clarify if *lines* means signal wires that actually runs from either sky dish or vm into the property or its just basically gift to activate premium channels. I just got my Zgemma H.2H box and trying to set it up, just reading through a lot of posts on installation guidance. Cheers!

as a rule of thumb: "line" or "gift" usually means the N line or C line to be used for viewing sub channels & feeds usually relate to physical cables connecting to box.

The H2H is a twin tuner:
requires 1 sat feed to Tuner A (will need a sly line/gift)
requires 1 cable feed to Tuner B (will need a cable line/gift)

tuner A will screw direct to box but tuner B needs an adapter to fit.
Box can be setup as a single SLY tuner by turning off tuner B in the tuner settings & then turning back on when you have both lines/gifts & connections available. IF you dont turn off the tuner you are not using the box will give tuner lock error's

Last edited:
So you need a satellite line and a cable line to attach both, in order to record one channel and watch another?

I got this box from my friend. can i turn off the virgin feed? because i only have sky in house?

as a rule of thumb: "line" or "gift" usually means the N line or C line to be used for viewing sub channels & feeds usually relate to physical cables connecting to box.

The H2H is a twin tuner:
requires 1 sat feed to Tuner A (will need a sly line/gift)
requires 1 cable feed to Tuner B (will need a cable line/gift)

tuner A will screw direct to box but tuner B needs an adapter to fit.
Box can be setup as a single SLY tuner by turning off tuner B in the tuner settings & then turning back on when you have both lines/gifts & connections available. IF you dont turn off the tuner you are not using the box will give tuner lock error's

You can do as bangord says or stick an antenna in it and use it for freeview? Then you can record one while watching another. It's usually the soaps getting recorded and they are all on freeview.

can you advise please- combo line requested for test, vm works sly doesn't? my E2 box is Technomate nana se plus combo

yes given a N line for each to upload via mgcamd...tuner is configured for sly as I tested a cccam line only for sly and it worked.

And all sky channels/bouquets tuned in fine sitting there but just not clearing? What premium channels have you tried? Remember there's not much HD left on sky

Back