Connect via another box

Hi, I have a line that is working on a box oscam. I want to be able to connect to said box from another location. And use to decrypt another box of mine. I know some servers frown upon multiple ips connecting to the same line. Therefore by doing this I'll have the same IP requesting it every time. I never intend on using the same line at the same time. Just want to save myself the trouble of having to turn off the other box everyone I want to use it in a different location.

They can't see the internal ip address of boxes just external ip address of your router but can tell by multiple requests. So just put it on 2 boxes but make sure 1 is on FTA or on standby whilst using the other.

Or speak to your provider to see what they allow.

Last edited:
Exactly the only know external, if it goes through the same external IP it won't be an issue. Which is what I'm trying to establish.

Rules are generally quite simple.

One box one IP address, so you can move your box to any address and it should connect without issue.

Or have a box set up elsewhere with the same line, eg I used to have a box at home and one in a caravan
as only one box was connected at a time there was no issue, saved unplugging my home box and setting it up at the caravan.

If your supplyer allows multi room and you have a twin tuner you can run one box as a master and set the other as a client
in another room at the same address. So two boxes running independantly at the same IP address using only one line.

One line connected at two different IP addresses ( two different houses ) at the same time = BAN

So you will get a ban from the line provider most will just cut you off and won't listen to excusses if they reply at all.

They can see the different addresses at their end so they know.

I think I'm not explaining myself very well. I want to route my request, single request, from a remote location through another IP address.

I don't intend on using it at the same time.

Alternatively can I make a script that disables a particular line for a set time. (Oscam)

I've done this in 2 different situations, I think it depends on the amount of tuners you have on your master box/line.
I have a triple tuner box using vix, I have a second box connected via client mode that uses 1 of the tuners of the master box.
Second option, using a pc on the same network type in the main box IP address and you'll see a web page of the main box, you can select the channel you want to watch. If you have a single tuner box each time you change channel on the secondary device it will change the channel on the main box.
You could use software like TeamViewer which will show your desktop from a remote location, that would be just like your using your own pc to view the web page of your box.
All of this won't effect your line as the main box is working as normal.

For the sake of £40 to £80 and risk of a ban it might be better to buy another line, unless you can guaranty both wont be connected at the same time then just put it on both boxes and switch unused to FTA or standby.

in oscam you can enable reshare so box 2 has its own oscam file but the server/port would be your box 1, and then box 1 connects to server but the server can see this and if they don't allow it then it's likely to become an automatic ban.

As has been said, as long as only one box is on and using the line it shouldn't be an issue, it only becomes an issue if two ip's are trying to connect at same time.

Back