Connected box uses up all Internet

Balanced

I have posted a very similar post to this previously and followed the advice but am still having trouble.

I have tried free servers, test servers and paid servers and even tried leaving my cccam.cfg file blank but no matter what I do as soon as I plug my box in my network my internet all but grinds to halt. A typical speed test when the box is not connected gives me between 16-20mb download , with the box plugged in if I am lucky it wont time out and gives a result of less than 1mb.
Is it possible another file in the box is using up the bandwidth? Any advice would be appreciated, I would have assumed leaving the cccam.cfg file blank would have let me with no channels but would solve the internet problem but it doesn't, it just leaves me with no channels.

Balanced - If you can FTP in to the box, have a look in var/keys or usr/keys and see if there is a file there called mg_cfg.

If there is, we can try something - I had a similar issue and the mg_cfg needed to be changed as it was effectively causing the box to DDOS the network

The box is connected to the internet using a cat5e patch lead to a 100mb switch which receives its connection from the LAN port of the sonicwall.

Thanks Intrigue, I have the box disconnected from the network at the moment so cant remotley log into it. I will have to wait until this evening to check this. If the file is there do need me to attach it to a post to check it?

When you can, right click on the file and click View / Edit. Cut and past the contents of the file and PM me - I will look at it and if it needs changing I will send you a modified one.

It may not even be that, but worth a go as symptoms exactly the same as mine.

Balanced -can you say what image you were using so others know if this file might needed edited if they are having similar issue?

Have been looking but can't seem to find it, any ideas where it should be... I have used Sucmnsee's image.

---------- Post Merged at 09:55 AM ----------

Scrap that... Got it! Send it through in a sec cheers.

Is it just a case of editing the L to L{0)? might be worth posting the fix on her so people can do it without having to send the file to you every time?

Last edited:
L: { 03 } 192.168.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log there will be a line somewhere like this - just edit it to read L: { 00 }

Would it not be worth making this modification to your mg_cfg file whether your having issues or not? Clearly it's wreaking having havoc with some people's bandwidth so why not make the modification regardless. Unless it has some other side effect.

Just tried this on home boxs for past 2 days.
Bt infinity 2 50meg.
Bt home hub 5
All i did was edit both mg_cfg from L (03) to L (0) and am convinced my wireless browsing on chrome android has MASSIVELY improved. Could all be a coincidence but doubt it. Thanks for the tip :) all new backups have this in mg_cfg :)

Hi im having the same problem . when im using the box cant even connect on the phone to my wireless network . when the box is off everything runs fine. can anyone help me with this? Could someone have a look at my file?

Last edited:
ftp to your box, then go to usr/keys mg_cfg file rt click and edit, scroll down till you see the L {03} then close the box and save

Last edited:
Back