1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering OpenBox

Discussion in 'Openbox Satellite' started by ColourSatellite, Aug 11, 2017 at 5:17 PM.

1. Hello. I'm considering an OpenBox V8s or V9s. I'm unsure which to get, I have a satellite dish with a dual LNB. I understand the Sky scrambling is an issue, but would I be able to still use the other channels?

The V8 and V9 seem a reasonable price to take a gamble, so wondered what I could be considering.

Thanks.

2. bees

bees VIP Member

Satelite card share won't be back.

So you would be better off with a Mag256 and streaming or Openbox V8SE which is capable
    of running IPTV if you have a tight budget.

Sat is pretty much FTA except for a few channels here and there, how long they last is anybodys guess.

3. Thanks. Is that Sky channels card share which won't be back, or has it affected all non free channels?

4. bees

bees VIP Member

You will get the free channels but only a few paid channels still clearing

5. Bigdrinks

Bigdrinks Forum Supporter

If you like your footie then BT Sports still works for all your Champions League and Europa League games. And the odd Saturday evening Premier League game.

But, a V8S is old, limited technology now, far better boxes available.

6. Not really interested in sports. The Discovery channels and other interesting thing like that would be nice though. Just really wondered what I could get and what's available.