constant data connection

dommc92

hi everyone,new to the forum so hoping someone can help me out
looking at buying a zgemma h.s box for a villa over in menorca but unfortunately there is no data connectiuon over there.If i was to set up the box in the uk with a data connection and then tak eit over will my sky channels still work (understandably with no epg)
any help much appreciated
D.

Nope you need a data connection to make it work....free channels will...it uses a very small amount of data so you could get a USB dongle with Spanish sim card and do it that way

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can't remember off the top of my head but I know it's not a lot if you turn off curtain settings my mate uses 1 down his caravan and he's only put a tenna on there since he's had it all be it he doesn't spend a lot of time there just remember to switch it off at the back when not in use

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If no updates, plugins download, etc then just for watching tv then about 40mb per month. Updating EPG daily will increase that too.

Also as a cellular dongle is not an "always on" connection its best to leave something thats low bandwidth like an internet radio station streaming to another device from the 3g/4g connection on mute in the background to keep the connection "always on".

Back