Constant freezing, but provider is good (i think)

Timothy

Hi guys, any help would be appreciated, i have a amiko alien 2, and i got a sub a few weeks ago and its been very glitchy, but heres the thing, i dont think its the provider because i have a mates box using the same guy and he's box is perfect, could anyone advise me on what to do, i put the n line in that converter tool available online, then i put it in the oscam.server file on filezilla and ftped it thru filezilla, but its unwatchable, constant freezes

Put your nline into mgacamd in stead of oscam and see if it settles down,if not get a test line off some one else and try that

ive mgcamd_133 and mgcamd_135. i downloaded one of them and its showing up in the emu manager in the menu but i cant find the file in filezilla,
hey thanks for your help and patience

newcamd.list will be you nline but it would need to start with CWS = ,open it in notepad and check,the mg_cfg file is in downloads

Use mg_cfg and newcamd.list from here mgcam1.38 & newcamd.list & mg_cfg - Downloads - TechKings edit your server details in newcamd.list starting with CWS = without the N and ftp both files to usr/keys then start mgcamd

---------- Post Merged at 05:25 PM ----------

It looks like this box is harder to setup have a look here http://www.techkings.org/general-satellite-discussion/64947-mgcamd-amiko-alien-2-box-open-atv.html

Thanks for the link, from reading those threads it seems oscam is the only route to take, i tried the mgcamd and ftped it accross and nothing cleared, so im back to square 1 really

After a bit of Googleing I found this it maybe the same method for mgcamd

MGcamd-CCcam client support for*Spark / Amiko Alien 2 by FTP / cccamd.list file

This how to guide explains how to setup a CCcam client connection using*FTP*and acccamd.list file*using the available*plugins*forSpark / Amiko Alien 2.

Items required:

USB Stick Formatted to*FAT32*– Use HP Format Tool for formatting if you have any
problems with the USB not being seen by the Amiko Alien 2 after formatting using
Windows.*

The latest Amiko Alien 2 Plugin Pack file – This will be something that will constantly be
updated from time to time but the latest version will always be available to download from
amiko plugins section

FTP Software This guide will assume that you already know and are comfortable with using
FTP software. Popular choices for Windows include software such as FileZilla, DCC and
WinSCP.*

Amiko Alien 2 Digital Receiver –*

This guide is created for the Amiko Alien 2 Digital receiver (available with various tuner configurations).*

1) Download latest Amiko Alien 2 Plugin Pack file from the plugins section ( Amiko ) and
save this file to your computer.

2) Insert a USB stick into your computer, open the Plugin Pack file you just downloaded and
extract the complete plugin directory from the .zip or .rar file to the root of the USB stick
(which must have been pre-formatted to FAT 32).

3) Now remove the USB stick from your computer and with your Amiko Alien 2 receiver
powered on and connected to your TV insert the USB stick into a USB port on Amiko Alien 2
receiver (either front or rear USB port will work).

4) Within a few seconds the Amiko Alien 2 receiver will read the USB stick and then
automatically prompt you on screen saying ‘Confirm Do you want to upgrade plug in?’ –
Select YES using the remote control arrow keys and then press OK on the remote control.
This will now display the ‘Upgrade from USB’ menu and the update will start automatically
which will only take a few seconds and once complete will automatically reboot your
receiver. At the point of reboot you can now remove the USB stick from the Amiko Alien 2
(if you don’t then the receiver will keep prompting to update after each reboot).

5) When your Amiko Alien 2 receiver has finished booting back up you should now be back
to the usual Spark firmware but there will now be a whole host of extra plugins that have
been installed which can all be found by selecting MENU > Plug in using the remote control.

6) We’ll now head over the the FTP side of things, so with your FTP software running
connect to your Amiko Alien 2 receiver (standard FTP username and password for Spark is
root and root) and head to the /root/plugin/var/keys directory. This is where your
cccamd.list file will need to be placed. There may already be a cccamd.list file in this
directory depending on our previous setups, if so you can simply edit the existing
cccamd.list file to add your required information or if no cccamd.list file exists then you can
edit the blank cccamd.list file included with this guide with your details and transfer this
over – it makes no difference either way how you do this providing the cccamd.list file
contains your correct C line details and that it is housed in the /root/plugin/var/keys
directory.

7) Once you are happy that the cccamd.list file has been edited and saved correctly and
saved to the correct directory you are now finished with the FTP side of things, you can
disconnect and move on to the next step.

8) We are now going to the Amiko Alien 2 on-screen menu and the plugins previously
installed. With this guide we are interested in setting up a client connection to CCcam so to
continue to the next step in Spark you should go to MENU > Plug in > mgcamd.sh4 and
while this is highlighted press the OK button (you should see the red square on the right
hand side turn to a green triangle along with on-screen prompts telling you this plugin has
started).

At this point you are now finished, providing all your details were entered correctly and
saved you will now be connected as a client to your specified server. Exit all the menus,
leave is a few seconds and then check it out to confirm it’s working.

SOMETIMES BECAUSE OF CHANGES MADE AT THIS POINT IT’S A GOOD IDEA TO REBOOT
THE AMIKO ALIEN 2 TO ENSURE ALL THE CHANGES ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT.

This guide is intended to cover the very basic and very easy client setup using the stand-
alone MGcamd Plugin. If you were familiar with Mgcamd/CCcam on a Linux receiver before
now then this way probably doesn’t get much easier but for those of you that are not
familiar with FTP and the likes then use the forum check out the FTP guides in the tutorials section and of course if after giving this a try you struggle with using FTP software just post the question in the forum detailing where you are at and asking for help and members will be able to try and point you in the right direction.

Back