Constantly restarting line on Zgemma 2S

Marbles65

Good morning all, this is my very first post so please be gentle.
Here goes, i have a white Zgemma 2s box version 5.3 aparently, the image is SLYK HD1 V3.008, now up until a few weeks ago when it was unplugged for around a week the box worked perfectly, once the decorating was done i plugged it back in and all looked fine.

As a bit of background i have 2 boxes, the 2s is downstairs and set up with a 500GB hdd for recording etc, and a newer Zgemma H2S in our bedroom set up as a single tuner, both have lines from the same server, both on ethernet on a profile of 9meg with an average internet speed of around 6-8 meg from the exchange, not much noise on my line so i get good sync with only multiple device slowdowns.

Ok, so after a few days i noticed the scrambled channels were going off on my 2s box downstairs after around 10-20 mins , i didnt take too much notice and just followed the usual thing of restarting the box, but it kept on doing the same thing so i checked my internet which was fine then deleted the bouquets and scanned for channels.
All in all it just keeps happening so i go in to softcam manager and restart my mgcamd line and channels come back, my box upstairs the H2S is bullet proof and never misses a beat, connection is good, both boxes have lines from the same server but one works fine and the other keeps losing channels.
My next test would be to swap lines between the boxes to test the line, but a friend has tested the faulty box line and said it was fine over a 20mins time period,.
My conclusions are this, could unplugging the box for a week or so period have messed with the image, is the box its self faulty, is the image on the box corrupt in some way.

My next moves, im more of a computer type of fella, i use to fix them as a hobby but i have an engineering background where i worked a lot with systems etc, so i thought i would try either to reload the image or go to a newer more recent image for that make and model of box to see if this remedy's my problem.

Sorry for such a long post, but was trying to give as much background as possible as to my issue and im sure i have still left out info that you guys probably need.

Thank you all,
regards,
Marbles.

I've had boxes which drop their lines regularly and have needed a reflash to stop it happening. Although never every 20 minutes.

After reflashing they're ok again. Maybe you should backup your line and go for a new image. I recommend wooshbuild.

Also, the H2S is a far better / faster box than the 2s. If you watch more TV in the living room, I'd swap them over.

Hi and thank you for your response, looking around online i had got the impression that a reflash might be in order somewhere along the line, i was looking at Wooshbuild as you mentioned, could you point me in the direction of the latest stable version my box will take and some sort of tutorial.
I have already backed up my image to my hdd.

Thank you for the help.

regards,
Marbles.

Thank you for your help and links asmad, i'd stumbled across the image needed but your links confirmed it for me.
All worked fine apart from a couple of little things that always seem to pop up with stuff like this but a bit of sideways thinking gets you round it.
The imaging process is a little particular as to the USB flash drives used, i have quite a few and it flashed on my 4th one. also the process did not install my line for me so i did this with with a flash drive which was also quick and easy.
All up and running and configured to how i like it.
once again thank you very much.

Huley,,, the H2s is upstairs because this is where im banished to when the wife's soaps are on or when the football is on, which is ok by me.

Back