Convert Enigma2 Channel list to Skybox/Openbox Tutorial (Tested and working on V8s)

crmorris2

TK Veteran
Could this post please be put as a sticky??

Hi all, thought I would post this tutorial showing how to convert Enigma2 channel list for use on Skybox/Openbox, I did this for my openbox V8s, but I assume it will work for others i.e F3, F5 etc, but I have not tested on other boxes. I have attached all the files needed for the process and now I know how it is done, it is actually quite simple to do.

I did this as I needed a decent European channel list for my Openbox and they are hard to come by, and as most people know, to sort 3000+ channels with the Openbox channel editor it is a bit of a nightmare, but setedit works really well for making quick channel lists. Ok, so here goes:

Download all the files attached with this post and unzip first!

Now, dump your default openbox/skybox channel list that should be loaded with all transponders to usb, if your firmware doesnt have all the transponders then update your firmware from here before doing the dump. To dump the channel list -> Menu, Settings, Dump to usb, Select and Dump, 'Select TP_PROG' and then dump. Your usb should now have TP_PROG file on it.

Copy the TP_PROG file to the 'split and merge folder' that you downloaded from this post.

Double click 'split_dbs' script inside the split and merge folder, now there should be 2 new files inside that folder, one called sat.rom and the other sat_tp_prog.udf. We'll come back to those in a minute.

Now install seteditdream program (no need for licence), also install the setedithd100 (untick the 'run setedithd100' when installing), setedithd100 needs to be registered so copy the SetEditHD100license.lic to the setedit program folder (find setedithd100 in your start menu, right click, properties, open file location and this will take you to the folder).

Now download your enigma2 channel list of choice use aj's for sly uk (can't post link) and for european channel lists visit here. Do not unzip!

Open seteditdream, click open, navigate to your enigma2 channel list folder and open the channel list .zip file. Once open right click on the fave you want and select 'export'. Save the file in the empty 'Fave' folder I supplied. You can have only a max 8 faves for this tutorial so I saved in country format (spanish channels, french channels, uk channels etc.) instead of entertainment, movies etc.

Once you have saved your faves, run setedithd100, now open the sat_tp_prog.udf we created earlier (inside the split and merge folder) IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT IT IS THIS EXACT FILE YOU EDIT!

Now in the favs pane, right click and select 'import', choose the fav you want to import from the favs folder and the channels will be there. Continue to import whatever you want (up to 8 favs) and drag/move/delete channels you dont want or that you want to move.

Once you are finished just click file and save. Dont worry about the fav names as the openbox will not recognise them, you have to manually type these on your box.

Now go to the split and merge folder, and delete the TP_PROG file (or rename it TP_PROG2 to keep it as a backup). Now double click the merge_dbs script. This should create a new TP_PROG file.

Copy new TP_PROG file to your usb, plug into your box, then go to -> Menu, settings, upgrade via usb, select and upgrade, TP_PROG, upgrade.

Thats it done, reboot your box, go to your channels, then look in your favs, they will be there but the name will be blank, just edit the names of each fav to whatever you want.

It seems like a long process but once you have done it, it is really quick the next time.

TIP - if you want to export all the separate sly favs from seteditdream and then merge them into one later, you will be better to import those into setedithd100 first and then you can click and drag them into one fav for sly uk without overwriting any others. To overwrite a fav just right click and import on the one you want to replace.

Done!

I have seen another way of doing a favs list similar to the way I did it which allows you to have as many favs as you like by editing a firmware dump in setedithd100 but i couldnt get it to open my openbox V8s firmware dump so I had to mess around until I found this way.

Anyway, any questions please feel free to ask. If this post helped anyone please click 'thanks' (y)

Attachments

• Faves.rar
    69 bytes · Views: 358
  • Setedit_HD100.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 369
  • SetEditDream.rar
    2.2 MB · Views: 332
  • split and merge.rar
    259.4 KB · Views: 309
Lot of first posters saying thanks so I hope they know what the leading post was about [or was it a way onto the site lol].
Nice stuff Mr Morris but I still prefer to hand edit my programs---I just delete those I don't want---simples.
Reaper.

lol sounds it, not that hard really if you follow the instructions, once its done you can fly through it next time

Hi all,

I have been struggling for this for days but I am trying to flash my F3 box

I have the null modem cable and I'm aty t this stage below but it doesn't show the upgrade file when I browse it. Can anyone help?

Run the Loader named EromUpgrade and select browse. In the pop-up box, navigate to where you downloaded the firmware for your box. Note...the firmware will also need to be unpacked first with winrar.

Back