Converting AJs channel list from DBS to ABS

joveljic

Does anyone know of a method which would convert (not rename) DBS channel list to ABS file? I use Amiko box and it can only read ABS files. I already tried simply renaming the DBS file to ABS but it is failing to update.

Any help would be much appreciated.

this is for openbox it may work for you

[h=2]How to change a file extension from .dbs to .abs Openbox S9[/h]
For all those of you who are still having difficulties changing a file extension, from .dbs to .abs for example,
just follow the instructions below:-

To change the extension of a file, make sure you have view file extensions enabled, by simply doing the following:

1 .. Open a folder [any folder will do]

2 .. Click the Organize tab button.

3 .. Click the Folder & Search Options.

4 .. Click the View tab button.

5 .. Now make sure the [Hide Extensions for known file types] box is blank, ie, no tick displayed.

6 .. Click apply and then close the folder.

7 .. That's it, you should now be able to change a files extension by right clicking on the file and selecting the Rename option.​

Unfortunately, as mentioned in my first post, renaming the file has not worked. The file can be read but after couple of seconds it comes back with "update failed".

I did manage to get in touch with AJ and he will see what he can do to make the channel list compatible with my box. I will post here if it turns out there is a fix for my box.

Any joy with this, joveljic? I like AJ's list and want to use it on Amiko.

If you haven't been able to convert it, have you found a good .abs channel list similar to AJ's?

Sadly I got nowhere with it. I had one message from AJ initially to say he will take a look but never heard from him after that despite 'chasing' couple of times.
I am hoping he was just busy at a time and will take a look at it at some point.

Since I am having to update the channel list frequently, I have given up on sorting favourites manually as they get reset every time I rescan the channels. Still, can;t complain as pay way less than would with sly :)

dont know if this could be any use to you... theres some software called MEDIABOX EDITOR STUDIO, you inport you channel list, make any changes and then export it, and one the options allows to exports it as an ABS file...... the softwares free but i cant remember where i downloaded it from, but im sure a google search will bring it up........

not sure if it will be of any use to you, but might be worth a try.

Back