Converting .TS files

DingoD

Best free file converter as box recordings are .TS files ??

My sat box seems to record in .TS files and I am trying to find a way of pulling that file from my box's hard drive and watching it on a media player (either on my laptop or smart tv via a NAS Drive).

All my media players do not recognise .TS files so does anyone know how to convert them into another recognisable format ie mp4 ??

Thanks

Last edited:
Plex will play ts files and vlc will play them no problem
also you can rename them to MP4.

Thanks for the reply, My VLC wont touch it but I thought about simply renaming it.

Ill give that a go but just wondered if anyone had a tried and tested .TC to MP4 converter program they could recommend ??

Thanks again.

Any updates for vlc?

maybe the Mac is different. But vlc and plex is no problem. Even renaming it on the iPad works great, as ts won't play it

Ive used AVS Video ReMaker for stuff with little editing (ie just snipping the start and end of a film) normerly takes 5 mins to convert. there other software AVS Video Editor takes hours as does Aiseesoft Total Video Converter most of the time.

I have converted to Mp4/wmv/mpeg by renaming the file but when I add it to my NASDRIVE none of my smart TV's can even see it never mind play it ?? Ill try AVS to change file format but wow frustrating !!!

I cant believe taking a recording from my sat box's hard drive and being able to change it from .TS to a format my smart TV's will recognise would be so hard ?!?!?!?

I have converted to Mp4/wmv/mpeg by renaming the file but when I add it to my NASDRIVE none of my smart TV's can even see it never mind play it ?? Ill try AVS to change file format but wow frustrating !!!

I cant believe taking a recording from my sat box's hard drive and being able to change it from .TS to a format my smart TV's will recognise would be so hard ?!?!?!?

Try using this software AviDemux 2.6.12 / 2.6.12 Nigthly 160625 - Download

When you have imported the .ts file, make sure the "audio and video output" are set to "copy" and set the output format to "MKV"

i think i have a 1tb hdd full of ts files not playable recorded on another box and vlc does not work with them with e2 box,think i was told " handbrake " ?

Encoding using handbrake will take hours (Depending on your CPU) whereas with avidemux, you are remuxing the video and audio streams into a MKV format which will take seconds

Last edited:
Does anyone know of any software to live encode the .ts file. I want to reduce the bandwidth to stream via 3g over a vpn to watch live. Trying to watch via open if is not realistic over 3g. too much buffering.

Back