Coronation Street to lose the legendary Jack

noelyf

VIP Member
0001896210dr.jpg

It is reported that 'Coronation Street' great Bill Tarmey is set to leave the soap after over 30 years.

The Mirror reports that the 69-year-old, who plays Jack Duckworth, wants to spend more time with his family and is conscious of the work schedule on his health, having had two heart operations.

Tarmey said: "People often ask if I like Jack Duckworth. I always reply: 'Like him? I bloody love him'.

"I've had the most amazing 30 years playing Jack.

"Because of him I've made fantastic friends and travelled all over the world. I'll be sorry to say goodbye."

It is reported that 'Coronation Street' bosses are planning a big exit storyline for Weatherfield's most lovable rogue.

A senior source said: "Bill was told they would rather see him finish with a bang than a whimper. They promised him a fantastic exit and Bill was delighted.

"It will be the end of an era when Jack Duckworth finally leaves Weatherfield for good. But one thing's for sure - his will be a very memorable exit."

He is'nt the same since Vera left lol and has been more in the backround since, excellent character though :)

Back