couple issues with zero

macmain

hello people..
couple issues with zero,
first is EPG update.. not sure its updateing or updateing correctly, seems only the FTA channels are updating .. when i go to Download (manual) all is fine.. any ideas?

second is an error message when turned on, big blue box on screen , along the lines of script error. i dont know the full message as i didnt take much notice, ( i will do next time)
ive tried to replicate it but cant at the moment.. maybe its related??

cheers

hi all.. been meaning to add this not had time..
here is the error message i get .. seems to be when on standby all day.. when i switch on when home from work i get this

20151107_114603.jpg

not sure how to rotate the image sorry

are you saving the epg to internal flash or usb stick? needs to be usb stick or your hard drive if you use that

yes its on Hdd... and epg is all ok now.. was set to (standby only)
so not sure on the error message

was power and internet off as i got that on 2 boxes here,it was only when electrician was working in house .

was power and internet off as i got that on 2 boxes here,it was only when electrician was working in house .

no Catkid. all has been fine and no electricians... had that evey time ive turned on the box ... i cant replicate it if i turn it off and on again

:(

what epg are you using, crossepg-configure--open tv providers-sky uk open 28.2.
i have my epg set to download to a micro usb in rear of box and never have issues.

pretty sure mines the same, but its set to download to ext HDD..
set to download at 3pm, its after that when ive been switching on ..
mmmmmm the plot thickens.

just checked and yep thats how its set

Last edited:
is it because the box is in standby at 3pm.
as mines never in standby, I'm not sure if that affects the epg download or not

I just leave the box on 24/7. mine dloads in the early hours

---------- Post Merged at 10:15 PM ----------

ooops double post as edit went wrong.

leave it on. I've never been asked to put it in standby

box should still download epg in standby but not in deep sleep,what settings do you have in cross epg-configure?

Are you powering the box off if so that is the reason for both of the issues the error message is caused by a network error if you turn off background check it should cure it and obviously the box needs to be powered on to update

Tbh im not sure any more whats what in the epg settings.. ive changed that much .. ie refresh after x hours..
is there a way to reset all the settings.. without messing the firmware up.. maybe a factory reset??

If you go menu, setup, vix, backup manager you may have an a backup in there you can restore otherwise a reflash is probably in order if you go here you'll find the latest vix, if you don't have your line details you'll need to ftp into the box to back them up

yes i would agree as we feck up all the time best to reflash and use no settings restore,best to have on pc copy of box folder named as yours is zero have your cfg and newcamd.list copied there so it can be found easy and sent back when flashed.

the more you do it the better and more confident you get and remember bees has a tut done to cover this box if needed in cable section(y)

Glad you agree cactikid you know far more than me so at least I know I'm learning after switching from the zgemma

Last edited:
Back