Create Swap File for Zgemma and getting Picons to work

Munster

Hi,

Newbie warning in advance!!

I need to create a swap file to get recordings up and running. Because I'm using 3rd tuner via rear USB, I can't just install Whooshbuild v3! (because boot fails)).

I have Zgemma H.2S. and running a version of sucmnsee.

Back to my question about creating a swap file.....

Press Menu, I cant find 'Info Panel' to progress. 'Plugins' is there, as is 'Information' but not 'Info Panel'. I checked other options but still can't see Swap File or Info Panel anywhere.

Also, I thought I downloaded an appropriate SPN file yet no Picons appear in the EPG. I believe I also downloaded an SRP file too and quite possibly that is the problem. Question is how do I delete all the standard picon files that come with the box as standard, the SRP I downloaded in error and the

Hi Munster

Not sure who image you started with ?

I use a personal variant of Sucmnsee latest Image on a H2.S

I have been recording on it for over 4 months perfectly okay, without the need for a Swap file (which is only to increase internal memory of the Box)
to USB drive for both Channels Recording and IPTV downloads(in Recorder mode)

Unless you are going to insert an decent quality SD card [ for the speed/Quality] - This can be a alternate recording place as well.
- a swap file will age your disc very quickly (it will never sleep and possibly be noisy in time - Back to the Sky+ box days), since it is continuously saving for timeshift / whatever else you point at it.
- this is the same problem as changing the EPG save to the USB drive - every time you look at the TV guide it will start up the Drive to read it.

I have timeshift working Without a swap file - I just formatted the SD card to a linux drive (initialised it) - then pointed the timeshift to it.

Setup/system/timeshift/ timeshift location - then pick the formated SD card.

I also have the Picons in a folder on the same SD Card

cheers
Chris

Like already mentioned there's no need for swapfile but if you want to use it menu, setup, vix, SwapManager.

For picons it depends on how you downloaded them they should be in media/hdd

Back