CrossEPG download only sometimes working

SiSat

Hi,

My CrossEPG is set to download at 05:30 every morning. It only 'sometimes' works though. Like for example this morning and yesterday it didn't run. But it did run on the 26th.

I check in the logs by grabbing them from FTP and can see it didn't even attempt to run. Have troubleshooted this by leaving the box on (it's usually in standby) and seeing if that made a difference, which it doesn't. Have tried changing the time as I though that might be a busy time for boxes to all hit the servers asking for an update.

It's just annoying that I have to keep an eye on it as sometimes if I don't check for a week I will see it hasn't download anything and my EPG will be empty meaning I have to do a manual download, which works fine.

Running CrossEPG 0.8.1

Any ideas?

Have u checked if your hdd is mounted I had a similar problem where my hard drive wouldn't show I had to unplug it and reboot for it to show than remount. Still not sure what was happening I had to do it several times but it's been fine last couple of months.

Hey. Yeah It seems to be. It the configuration of CrossEPG it doesn't say HDD or USB but something like "082B72GTE". (Not sure exactly, I'm at work) But I assumed this was the serial number of the HDD or how it was being presented.

Does yours say HDD or USB?

I'll have a mess around with the HDD when I get in but it's still strange as sometimes it works fine!

There seems to be an intermittent problem with updating Cross ATM, Do you have 2 feeds going to the box? Try turning off freesat in providers, that usually sorts it

Hey. Yeah I have two feeds going in. OK thanks. I'll check that out too tonight. I'm pretty sure I don't have freesat in my provider list. Just sky UK SD and sky IRE SD but I'll take a look.

If you're running OpenAtv switch over to XMLTVimport extension instead - cross EPG doesn't work well with ATV

Last edited:
If you're running OpenAtv switch over to XMLTVimport extension instead - cross EPG doesn't work well with ATV

Thanks. I'll take a proper look at this. Set up a PowerTimer yesterday to reboot the box in the early hours before ABM and CrossEPG ran hoping this might make a difference but CrossEPG didn't run again last night, had to do a manual run this morning :(

I had a little look at it last night. Huge selection of suppliers. Do I just choose one out of this list or multiple? I guess it's just a case of disabling the CrossEPG schedule and enabling this one in it's place?

Remember this is for OpenATV!!

from your remote.....

green (plugins menu), red (remove plugins), system plugins - then move to CrossEPG and press OK to remove back to plugins menu, green (install), extensions find XMLTVimport in the list and press ok to install.

Once installed....

Menu, setup, XMLTV-importer Blue (sources) just tick near the bottom of the list the Rytec UK XMLTV, Green to accept

On the main settings page of the addon my settings are as follows:

enable
04:00
enable
Wake up and import
yes
yes
enable

Press yellow to do a manual - this is the only time you'll need to do this and it takes a while.

Once complete Green to save settings.. Your epg should now always be updated. Feel free to post back if you get stuck (y)

Remember this is for OpenATV!!

from your remote.....

green (plugins menu), red (remove plugins), system plugins - then move to CrossEPG and press OK to remove back to plugins menu, green (install), extensions find XMLTVimport in the list and press ok to install.

Once installed....

Menu, setup, XMLTV-importer Blue (sources) just tick near the bottom of the list the Rytec UK XMLTV, Green to accept

On the main settings page of the addon my settings are as follows:

enable
04:00
enable
Wake up and import
yes
yes
enable

Press yellow to do a manual - this is the only time you'll need to do this and it takes a while.

Once complete Green to save settings.. Your epg should now always be updated. Feel free to post back if you get stuck (y)

Hey. Can't seem to get this working. I already have XMLTV-Importer installed (thanks to already being on sucmnsee's image :) ). I set up the source in XMLTV-Importer and when I tested doing a manual run it didn't pull in anything. I tried using the schedule and this was the same.

When I check in the logs after a run I get the following:

IMG_3730.JPG

Any ideas? Are my sources out of date or something?

a number of all different makes of boxes and different images have reported issues with cross epg not loading in the early morning yet it will manually download.your not alone with this issue unsure if its vix only or other images.

gave up using xmltv years ago bloody slow.

I had this problem but recently had to re flash so used sucmnsees latest image and it has worked everyday since don't know what was changed but you might want to give it a try

Back