Crossepg setup

Sopryan

Only storage device available is internal flash. My hdd has been formatted with hdd guru and windows. It has been mounted and initialised. Any advice please.

Thanks for the reply. I've tried that and it's still the same. My recordings are going to the hdd. It's the epg is going to the internal flash which has (Unsuggested) beside it

---------- Post Merged at 12:47 PM ----------

Ok so now it's saving to the hdd but when I try to do a manual download of the epg it says error and the the box restarts

---------- Post Merged at 12:57 PM ----------

It says cannot open crossepg database

---------- Post Merged at 01:01 PM ----------

Also now I cannot pause or rewind live tv

Just put sky uk in the "providers" and pick your area from the list.

Then scan using Autobouqet maker.

Try Initialising your USB drive again, reboot box and then try setting up.

What type of drive is it? Mains powered, USB powered?

When i go into recording and playback settings and I try to change the default location I get this message: the directory/media/hdd/movie/ is not writeable make sure you select a writeable directory instead

one of the reasons i use both i dont need the hdd spinning up all the time to read usb,others just use hdd but if i have an issue with my epg i can format my stick and setup again,if you wipe your hdd all recordings go with it.

Should say r/w, as I said before re-initialise and start again, maybe get a seperate USB key for EPG and swap file?

ive reinitialised it a few times now. ive figured out that the hdd is in ntfs format. i have no option for fat32 on my pc as the hdd is too large. any recommendations?

i always format my usb to fat32 on pc yet set it up using box to initialize on box.

you said it was from a locked skybox hd think they lock the hdd so you cant use it to view recordings,ask on the pc section of what program can format an old hd skybox hdd.

Sky drives are just normal HDDs. No extra locks or anything. Ive 3 in cit enclosures. 2 in boxs. Best way is.
Box off.
Remove any drives.
Format the 500gb on PC. NTFS is fine.
Insert in box.
Boot
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Initialise ur drive.
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swap manager
Blue create 256mb on ur drive.
Reboot.
Setup EPG, rec, ts paths.

If that doesn't work I'd reflash and try again.
Failing that put back in PC and use manager to completely wipe and reallocate volumes.

If u use timeshift on ur box your HDD is spinning anyway. So putting EPG and swapfile on makes sense rather than two constant destinations for stuff.

Back