D-Link DIR-890L AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Gigabit Router - Fibre Setup

Hi Guys and Gals...I recently moved onto TalkTalk Fibre (yeh i know but it was cheap as chips) and they gave me one of their own fibre modem VDSL routers.

The router is fine and working, but the wifi connections arent any good and with no guest wifi and limited config, thought i would go for the "D-Link DIR-890L AC3200 Ultra Wi-Fi Gigabit Router"so the question is:-

1) do i need any special fibre settings that need to be applied to this new dlink router or should it connect auto, authenticate and up and running to my fibre internet connection?
2) do i need to enter my fibre username and p/w? or is this taken from the line.....

Just puzzled as when i spoke to talktalk, one of the tech support staff said i need to enter some settings and the settings they gave me were for an ADSL setup??

Hope you can help

Hi, thanks for the guide, but want to replace my existing fibre talk router with this new dlink....just wondering if I need any special settings to get me up and running...

Supoose i wont know until it arrives and i give it a shot.....

I would think the same user name and password are a must and then you will need to adjust your router security settings etc. Go into the talk talk router and keep them copied for referance.

Hi Ok, all sorted.

I just plugged in, setup through the GUI (selecting Cable connection - as I have fibre) and hey presto...it didn't require no Broadband login at all....took a few minutes to negiotiate, but happy

If you have adsl/dsl, then u need to enter a broadband username and password...

Hope this helps

Back