Dead vermin line ?

Bigphil86

Hi guys just a quick one if I had a dead virgin line would I get any signal what so ever.

current situation
snr 29% I no it's a glitch
agc 10%
ber 00%
is this a dead line I've been at this property nearly 2 years an never hag vermin.
What you think guys ?

It works bud but not the jumps an can get a laptop tomorrow bud thanks

---------- Post Merged at 04:13 PM ----------

Not the best

Can't work out why my agc is so low 10% tried everything

---------- Post Merged at 04:28 PM ----------

Anyone anymore thoughts, help lol

Phil, can you get FTA channels, sd not hd?

scan the box and goto bbc1 sd for your area and if you got a picture you got a signal. I'm assuming you've put the correct net id in and scanned yeah?

The guy I bought it off flea bay but the net Id in how do I no if it's correct this is fast becoming a new hobby lol

I can't get I signal on all channels sd an hd just really shit an jumpy thinking its to do with agc only being 10% ?

---------- Post Merged at 05:04 PM ----------

Sorry I can get a signal on all channels just not a good one premium or not if that helps

---------- Post Merged at 05:05 PM ----------

Darwen small town next to Blackburn thanks

I can't get I signal on all channels sd an hd just really shit an jumpy thinking its to do with agc only being 10% ?

Phil are you using a splitter? and the vm connection you have loaded on your box from ebay could be sh#t

I think your better adding a test line to see if it improves. You say the sat side is fine yeah? though bbc1 sd should be fine if you've scanned the correct net id

No splitter mate I've ran it directly from the vm inlet at the wall same reading. Yeah mate sat channels r fine. Bbc one sd seems ok

That probably doesn't help matters buddy granted still think I've got some under line problems here besides my flea bay line lol
just orderd vm 50 m broadband as I have walkwalk now it's cheaper and faster then mine at more but I no then I've got a active line in an don't a dead one an the I'll have a better understanding off what's going on think am pissing in the wind at min

---------- Post Merged at 05:39 PM ----------

Really going to have to start reading what am typing dam auto spell lol

Phil, if you got bbc1 sd you got a signal fella, could be bband but then your sky would've issues as well. Try a test line along with the one you have and see how it performs. You only need to add a nline under the existing ones in your keys and it will give you a better indicator

I've tried mate God knows I've tried running different lines tried I short line like 1 meter long straight from the vm box on the wall same reading .
garyth mate not sure what u mean by nline an keys bud sorry for being a noob

I've tried mate God knows I've tried running different lines tried I short line like 1 meter long straight from the vm box on the wall same reading .
garyth mate not sure what u mean by nline an keys bud sorry for being a noob

ah right now were getting there, your box is loaded with 2 connections either nlines or clines. One of which is used for enabling you to watch vm channels, I think your line quality is poor and you need to try and add another. Are you familiar with FileZilla and how to use it?

No am not mate shit the bed

---------- Post Merged at 06:20 PM ----------

Am just borrowing my mates lap top he's on has way I'll get to the bottom off this it's rattled my head for long enough now lol

I'd maybe wait until you have VM installed, there broadband is spot on. Great speed and stable service. That's just what these receiver's need :-)

Back