Definative MGCamd Config (N-Line)

digi999

TK Supporter
He all

Probably one for the tech buffs ! , am used to the old CCamd configs but have recently switched to an N Line and using MGcamd. My understanding is that it handles the line alot smoother than a C-Line , better buffers etc

Now ..... Reading around there seems to be alot of options to change pretty much anything in the config file , but no one has posted a 'copy and paste' Mgcamd config which gives the optimal performance , I was wondering if anyone had such a config they would be willing to share ? , or adapt mine if I post (it seems to work 90% of the time but can stutter around lunch time ish , I do have possibly the worlds slowest internet too !)

Any advice would be more than welcome , using Wooshbuild if that makes any difference ?

Many thanks :)

I dont think there is a pre set better working MGcamd only the default file that you then edit your line details into, an N line can be used with CCcam or MGcamd, like you say Mgcamd is more stable but both protocols will work, depending on the server side setup some will say CCcam runs smoother on their setup & others will say Mgcamd. Stuttering can be many things & requires a lot of system checking before looking at line provider, Im no guru on this stuff so the techy's may have a more comprehensive explanation.

I saw absolutely no benefit at all of using mgcamds over cccams, infact i found it worse no matter what config file was used. Random disconnects. Constantly having to restart cam. Slow zapping. No cam info like you get with cccams. You see many posts on here of people having constant problems with mg but very few for cccams. No harm in trying both as its a piece of cake to swap between the 2. Its all down to personal choice and what you find works best for your individual set-up

Back