desperate for help

nigs

hi guys, i have a zgemma star 2. I have an active nline and I'm doing something wrong trying to get it into the box.

I have installed dreambox control center and i have connected to the box, i then go to usr/keys newcamd.list right click edit . There are two entries already in there. I am deleting one and adding my line so it reads CWS = my server port username password 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 .

I save and exit then go into tspanel and restart mgcamd 1.38 and reeboot box but i am getting no sky channels ,am i doing anything wrong.
I know the line is fine because i also have 3 openbox v8s and they are working fine.

so i can only think I'm doing something wrong.
many thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus H Christ, don't they teach punctuation at school anymore?? Joking aside, I can't make anything from that sentence, maybe punctuate it or break into smaller bite sized pieces of information. It will allow people to understand, therefore help you out.

very sorry wheelo i havnt been to school for for 32 years lol ive added a few full stops and commas

---------- Post Merged at 11:35 PM ----------

just rebooted box and router checked network settings and it has ip address . but still only fta channels

I can't offer any help but keen to see what the solution is, as it sounds like you have done everything correctly.

Was there another file where the mgcamd file was?

20150716_001522.jpg

just tried it again and i got that on screen but still didnt work

---------- Post Merged at 12:41 AM ----------

i did download 1.35 but that didnt work so i re flashed and got rid of it

---------- Post Merged at 12:53 AM ----------

newcam.jpg

im deleting both of those entries on the right and adding my line

It sounds like you have the same problem as i do, give this a try, reflash , edit your details in the second line ( the first one is a vm example) file save then make sure the filzilla send it back to the box, reboot your box and then go into softcams and restart the mgcamd 1.38

I have to restart my mgcamd after every reboot even though its on auto start and looks like its working dont know why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When images were first released there was a lot of problems with people getting cams to work with ts panel that's why latest images have softcam maneger

I go into ts panel and then the softcams option in there works the same as using softcam manager

Using Ts panel is Hit and Miss Once you have loaded your line and Disconnected from DCC Press Blue button on Remote > Softcam Manager > Enable Mg 1.38 and start it, reboot box (not with gui )

Tich when you say reboot but not with gui whats that . Do i power it off with back power button or front

just tried it again using tichs instructions and still only fta channels . but im not giving up it must work .... i hope

I have set up loads of boxes and done it over phone calls to members of the site and talked it through with them I can only think there must be something wrong either the way line is looking as all it takes is something out by 1 space and it won't work Try your line complete in the CCcam and start CC cam 2.30 in softcam manager and restart

Back