Dhl text messagescam

thesultan09

TK Veteran
Just wanted to alert forum members to a scam that is doing the rounds now.I had a text message last night , supposedly from DHL asking for a card payment of 49p for a delivery marked "urgent". As it was only a small about I thought about paying it ,however I didn't recall ordering anything from overseas so that did ring some bells.The message had 2 links to a websites for the payment with a ref no.At the end of the message it said from HM Revenues &Customs, so that made me more suspicious.I did a Google search and the first item was a Fraud alert from DHL warning people about this scam. So please be aware.

Dhl won't call you for payment if you bought an item from outside the eu , as they use a 3rd party to do this on their / governments behalf
also if you track your item online there will be a scan on it saying held for customs , also dhl will deliver the parcel to you and you can pay the courier ,, what you got was a scam !

Yes, its unbelievable how good the scams are getting now.....imagine your parents or the likes getting that or similar message, last week I got an email saying fill in these details to lift the restrictions on my paypal account, which it is BTW, I said....I will do it later, then was speaking to a mate that said he got the same thing and his is not restricted......he phoned paypal and they asked for the email and confirmed it was a scam.

This happened a few hours after I posted an ad on Gumtree,so I think they must have got my mobile no.from there. I have had the Paypal and Ebay ones as well,but they usually begin with Dear customer or member instead of you ID or user name.

Back