Difference between Xtreme and Scripts

XreamTV / XC is a plugin that you watch your IPTV through - Verdict = Clunky, not what you've been used too, no recording
Scripts are used to put bouquets into your EPG (provider dependant) some scripts will just create one big bouquet of all your IPTV Channels - Verdict = Much better but channel updates are an issue, especially when it comes to PPV events.

XreamTV / XC is a plugin that you watch your IPTV through - Verdict = Clunky, not what you've been used too, no recording
Scripts are used to put bouquets into your EPG (provider dependant) some scripts will just create one big bouquet of all your IPTV Channels - Verdict = Much better but channel updates are an issue, especially when it comes to PPV events.

So script is better. But the Xstream I had a demo of the other day added bouquets... isn't that the same?

With xtremetv plugin you play through the plugin.With the script,the iptv bouquet sits on top of your fav.bouquets and you just add the missing channels in the appropriate fav. category and watch from there.Turn off autoupdate and the channels will stay where they are.And i find the script method works quite well on the Zgemma s & 2s which are a bit slower.

There are two plugins with a similar name so don't get confused. Xtream TV is a plugin to view the channels and is pretty naff, Xtream Editor is a totally different kind of plugin, its frickin awesome and recreates the look of card sharing in your EPG without any effort (if you have the right supplier) Drop me a PM.

I use the Xtreme Plugin...and admittedly it is fairly clunky on my H2S. When you know what you want to watch and what time, that's fine. But I can't pause, can't record and only have now and next listings for UK channels rather than full EPG. I typically use my standard sat EPG to scroll through and see whats on and when there's something on something now missing like say National Geographic....I hit menu and manually find the channel within the plugin.

During live events I've had mixed results. Canadian Grand Prix through Xtreme yesterday found me clicking between the 6 avalible sports streams for Sly Sports 2 and Sly F1 every few minutes sometimes bouncing back 3-4 minutes in the race!

In hindsight I'm wishing I took the script option, especially where recording and pausing is concerned! Got a year's sub on XTreme plugin so hey ho.

There are two plugins with a similar name so don't get confused. Xtream TV is a plugin to view the channels and is pretty naff, Xtream Editor is a totally different kind of plugin, its frickin awesome and recreates the look of card sharing in your EPG without any effort (if you have the right supplier) Drop me a PM.

Back